XBloom all-in-one coffee brewer (Kickstarter) - Page 7

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
jpender

#61: Post by jpender »

Shakespeare wrote:The whole world is using Apps. And updating your phone has no influence on the Apps.
Discovering that some app doesn't work and is not available in a updated form is a very common occurrence when updating an OS. If the app developers are on the ball it is less likely but it's a question worth asking -- if the app is important to you.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#62: Post by Shakespeare »

Well there is not much more share about the XBloom brewer on Kickstarter. All has been discussed I believe.
In February 2023 the XBloom will be shipped to the Kickstarter supporters. Until then.....not much....

The new retail pages for XBloom has been created and are available for new customers to purchase their brewer.

https://xbloom.com/pages/xbloom-purchase

5ONEohhh

#63: Post by 5ONEohhh »

Seen that video! I backed the kickstarter once they announced the reusable pod. Now the wait continues. If my wife doesn't like it, I'll just bring it to the office.

tv79

#64: Post by tv79 »

Out of curiosity - for those who have tried the xBloom, how does cup quality compare to your own pour overs?

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#65: Post by Shakespeare replying to tv79 »

[quote} Out of curiosity - for those who have tried the xBloom, how does cup quality compare to your own pour overs?[/quote]

The only comparative reviews of someone's personal pour-over and the XBloom has been through a few reviews performed from individual baristas that reviewed the Kickstarter device.
It's up to you to decide for yourself if you trust their personal reviews.
I personally believe that there is an overwhelming amount of positive outcomes that were shared by some of my trusted professional YouTube individuals and others that I personally know that have first hand experience with the XBloom.

So, there you have it. I haven't as most here,personally tasted it's final product.

tv79

#66: Post by tv79 »

Fair enough. I think those reviews can be helpful, but it's always nice to hear from those who don't have a horse in the race. Guessing we'll have to wait a couple months till the first batches ship.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#67: Post by Shakespeare »

As we await the XBloom Kickstarter automated coffee brewer to be shipped.....

I was curious what other automated brewer had been developed and manufactured to be considered ready
to offered to the Pour over community.

And I found an Amazing Monstrosity that was developed approximately 3 years ago. Called the "'Automatica Pour Over Brewer'
There were other similar creations but this one had it developed for a YouTube offering.
I find it not very creative but just an automated pour over.
I had a good. laugh.
What do you think about how well this works and looks. Will it fit under my kitchen cabinets ?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIc4_k1uBYQ ''''Start watching at the 4 minute mark''''

heytchap

#68: Post by heytchap »

Shakespeare wrote:As we await the XBloom Kickstarter automated coffee brewer to be shipped.....

I was curious what other automated brewer had been developed and manufactured to be considered ready
to offered to the Pour over community.

And I found an Amazing Monstrosity that was developed approximately 3 years ago. Called the "'Automatica Pour Over Brewer'
There were other similar creations but this one had it developed for a YouTube offering.
I find it not very creative but just an automated pour over.
I had a good. laugh.
What do you think about how well this works and looks.

video ''''Start watching at the 4 minute mark''''
Closest I can think of is the Gevi 4 in 1 but it wasn't a particularly elegant device and it never took off.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#69: Post by Shakespeare »

There has been offered an unauthorized initial preview of the XBloom App.
Here are maybe, some of the choices that can be made in the Creative Mode.
XBloom has provided multiple choices...Something akin to your own robot Barista.

Start: Three choices;

Grind size: 20 grind size choices.
Water temp: In Fahrenheit
Ratio water/coffee grounds ex: 1:15 , 1:16, 1 :17.

Next:
1st Pour 'Bloom' Eight choices:

Water temp ( example: 206 Fahrenheit)
Water volume ( example: 50ml water)
Pour time interval (example: 30 seconds)
Pause time (bloom) (example: 25 seconds)
On/off vibration (On)
Water - spiral/fast spiral/straight water stream.

2nd 'Pour'
Same eight choices.

3 rd "Pour"
Same choices

4th, 5th, 6th pours......The XBloom has provided the same
opportunities as in the initial 'Bloom' pour.
To have continued multiple pours.
including: vibration and spiral or straight stream.

There is no need to worry about the volume or speed of
the pour . There will not be an event where there is so much
water that there is a spill-over.
There is an internal weight sensor. That will halt the pour
and continue when it is again appropriate.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#70: Post by Shakespeare »

Jonk wrote:It looks like it could be a nice brewer. Don't care for the pod system though - if they're truly about sustainability they should offer some kind of filter holder or reusable filter as well, otherwise it's just a Nespresso in disguise.

The other unknown is the grinder. As long as it can be bypassed..
You have a good point. As we understand, Nespresso, Keurig, Gevalia, Folgers are not fresh and I have to assume after keeping the XBloom pods for a few weeks... they will also be. There is a choice to keep the XBloom pods in a sealed bag in the freezer that Might delay the loss a little.
Remember their is a choice as I explained in my post to design your own brew with your own beans using the special pod.
Just buy your coffee and save your recipe.

" The other unknown is the grinder. As long as it can be bypassed" not sure what being said.