What's your most frequently used dripper?

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
boren

#1: Post by boren »

Most of the time I'm using a dripper which is hardly ever mentioned here - the Kalita Caffe Uno. I also have a V60, an OXO dripper (the one with the water tank on top), a Clever Dripper and a Bialetti 6751. I like them all, but I like to drink pour-over coffee multiple times a day, and the Uno is the most suitable for small amounts. It works very well with 7g of coffee and 125 ml water, which is all I usually want.

Edit: I guess I should mention that for the same reason I also only brew single espresso and not doubles. My portion there is 12g coffee for a 24ml shot. 5 singles a day (combination of pour over and espresso) keeps me sane. 5 doubles would turn me into this.

Edit #2: I just got the Kalita 155. It's early to say for sure, but so far I enjoy the coffee from the Uno more.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by LBIespresso »

I started with the Vandola from Costa Rica. It uses Chemex filters but I broke it :x I replaced it with the Origami and haven't moved on. I feel like I need to attempt proficiency with the V60 one of these days but so far I love the Origami. 30/510 is my ideal batch size so the v60 will be an adjustment.
LMWDP #580

tennisman03110

#3: Post by tennisman03110 »

A plastic #2 V60....though my only other dripper is a #1 V60.

Interested in what other use, however. I'd like to purchase another style that might give me some options.

boren (original poster)

#4: Post by boren (original poster) »

LBIespresso wrote:so far I love the Origami. 30/510 is my ideal batch size so the v60 will be an adjustment.
That's a lot of coffee. Do you drink it all by yourself and in one sitting?

baldheadracing
Team HB

#5: Post by baldheadracing »

V60-01 glass ... as, when the plastic base is snapped off, the glass funnel part fits nicely in/on top of a Stagg kettle to warm the glass up.

The Caffe Uno sure looks interesting as my body clears caffeine slowly. I can build up a tolerance to 15g-20g a day - so I either make a V60 or pull a couple 7g-8g singles. The rest of the day is decaf.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by LBIespresso »

boren wrote:That's a lot of coffee. Do you drink it all by yourself and in one sitting?
most mornings...are you caffeine shaming me :lol:
LMWDP #580

boren (original poster)

#7: Post by boren (original poster) »

LOL, no 8)

I'm just extremely impressed by the ability of people like you to intake lots of coffee. I have to carefully manage mine, hence my preference for singles, or at least most of it (at this point a single is also the perfect amount I'd like to drink in one go regardless of caffeine).

RyanJE

#8: Post by RyanJE »

I have Kalita 155, 185 v60-01 and v60-02, clever, bonmac, tricolate, etc. I always go back to my glass 185. 320/20 two times per day. Sometimes 340/20...

I have extensively compared and put the Kalita head to head with my plastic v60. I always seem to go back to my Kalita though. 1 bloom and 3 pours. I want to like the v60 for some reason and like to stir bloom and swirl, etc. it just doesn't stand up as well across coffees to me. Also, the Kalita extracts higher all else held constant, for some reason...
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

drH

#9: Post by drH »

The Chemex is my typical go-to.
But I also really love the Hario Switch. It's extremely simple to get the immersion brew to give a good result when I'm struggling with a challenging bean. And if you want to brew regular V60 instead it does that too.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#10: Post by LBIespresso »

boren wrote:LOL, no 8)

I'm just extremely impressed by the ability of people like you to intake lots of coffee. I have to carefully manage mine, hence my preference for singles, or at least most of it (at this point a single is also the perfect amount I'd like to drink in one go regardless of caffeine).
It's weird, but I don't really get jittery or anything but if I have coffee after 3PM I often get a worse night sleep. Might be in my head but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'll drink a bucket of coffee before 3PM, after that I cut myself off. Even though coffee and desert is a match made in heaven.
LMWDP #580