What's the best small brewer + recipes - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
tzmon

#11: Post by tzmon »

I just made a pretty good cup of coffee today with 7,5g grounds and 140g water using Hoffmann's "Ultimate Aeropress Recipe". I used the same grind size as with a larger dose which is pretty fine. You just need to be quick to create the vacuum with the plunger if using regular filters. An immersion brewer is probably a good option here. However, I have had also success with the Kalita 155 (metal version).

cccpu

#12: Post by cccpu »

Try this:
I did not drink much filter coffee except the occasional December Dipper or V60- but this thing really turned things around for me.

The "MichaelPress" recipe is pretty much a daily driver for me- I drink more filter than espresso these days because of it.

I compared it to Hoffmann's recipe for a couple weeks and enjoyed the taste and the workflow more than Hoffmann's personally.
LMWDP #583

Aida Battle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Battle
Ad-85 (original poster)

#13: Post by Ad-85 (original poster) »

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the info I can get

nameisjoey

#14: Post by nameisjoey »

Imo the Aeropress is the best small volume brewer. And if you think a brewer is easier to clean than an Aeropress you are for sure doing something wrong. Using a simple and easy recipe like
Hoffmann's you don't have to use a stirrer or anything. Press the puck out and rinse your filter cap and the base of the brewer. Shouldn't take more than 10-15 seconds of clean up.

SEMIJim

#15: Post by SEMIJim »

nameisjoey wrote:Imo the Aeropress is the best small volume brewer. And if you think a brewer is easier to clean than an Aeropress you are for sure doing something wrong.
Indeed. I used to use a Cuisinart Brew Central and my wife a French press. Now we both use an Aeropress. It's a beautiful thing :)
nameisjoey wrote: Using a simple and easy recipe like Hoffmann's you don't have to use a stirrer or anything. Press the puck out and rinse your filter cap and the base of the brewer. Shouldn't take more than 10-15 seconds of clean up.
Even doing it the way Aeropress says to do it, and with a metal mesh filter, as I do, it's a quick and easy cleanup.

Ad-85 (original poster)

#16: Post by Ad-85 (original poster) »

Now I'm intrigued and I don't like missing out on good stuff! I'll give it a try soon.