What Coffee Gear Are You Most Excited About?

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
tv79

Postby tv79 » Dec 28, 2018, 1:12 pm

In a world of rehashed pour overs and presses, finding new and exciting coffee gear can be a challenge. What products have you found that break the mold?

I'll start:

- DE1+
- OE Apex
- FrankOne brewer (I hate to bring up KS projects that have yet to be fulfilled, but this one looks interesting)

kruzilla

Postby kruzilla » Dec 28, 2018, 1:53 pm

Well, I was excited about my Alpha Dominiche "Flask" but... :(

Now, I'm looking for new, non-crowdfunded projects to get excited about.

tv79

Postby tv79 » Dec 28, 2018, 2:37 pm

kruzilla wrote:Well, I was excited about my Alpha Dominiche "Flask" but... :(

Yeah, I was also looking forward to the Flask. Still scratching my head on how that all went down, considering AD was a fairly "established" company. I feel especially bad for all the Steampunk owners. :(

kruzilla

Postby kruzilla » Dec 28, 2018, 3:07 pm

Yeah, it seemed like they were going to ship it out any day and then suddenly we get that shut down email. So disappointing. It's also put me off backing any other crowdfunding projects. One of the reasons I backed it was because AD was like you said, "established" and I'd had Steampunk coffee a few times so I knew the quality.

Anyway, it's not a new piece of gear since it's been out for a few months but I'd love to get the Niche now that it's on the market. Not in my budget right now though.

tv79

Postby tv79 » Dec 28, 2018, 4:13 pm

To date I haven't backed a KS, and the Flask fiasco pretty much guaranteed I won't be in the future. I've been following the backer comments and it seems like KS doesn't really hold companies liable for violating their agreement. It's a shame, and unless AD can prove this isn't blatant negligence/fraud you should be getting a full refund.

Wrt the Niche, it looks promising! I'd be curious to see how grind consistency stacks up against others in its class, but what I've read so far has been pretty positive. I'm with you though..it's pretty expensive, so probably best to wait till it's been out for awhile before pulling the trigger.

kruzilla

Postby kruzilla » Jan 11, 2019, 1:17 pm

Y'know, I'm surprised no one else has chimed in on this.