What are your settings with the Breville Precision brewer

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Jesse.F

#1: Post by Jesse.F »

I've had the Breville Precision brewer for a while now, and I'm not going to lie, my hopes for it where to get coffee close to my v60 but ready to go when I woke up. Now I'm not saying I've had bad coffee, but it has always seemed a little watery or empty. I've fiddled around a bit, instead of using the "gold" setting I've played with some "my brew" settings, trying to get more out of the coffee I'm putting in.

I'm currently doing 60g coffee, 30oz water (as marked on the water tank) paper filter in the cone, 208F water, 45 second bloom, slow flow, with the pour over 3 hole screen.

It seems to me that the machine pumps a lot of water before it pauses for the bloom, is there any way to change this?

What have you all found to be your preferred settings?
Any tips are welcome

Thanks

rhizomatic

#2: Post by rhizomatic »

The setings I am using so far are:

30g coffee : 550g Water
93c (196f)
1:00 bloom time
Slow flow
Filtropa papers

I have been playing with temperature to just change one variable for now as I've had the machine for less than a month.
I wish the machine firmware for my country (Australia) included the bloom volume setting like the UK firmware does!
I wonder if the firmware could be flashed...

Jesse.F (original poster)

#3: Post by Jesse.F (original poster) »

I'd love to have a bloom volume setting. I always feel like it's putting way too much water through before pausing to bloom. Interesting that they don't offer that on the American or Australian versions