Water leaks, bubbling in Bialetti Moka

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
gensiorekk

Postby gensiorekk » Jan 08, 2019, 6:04 pm

There is any solution to fix it, instead of return back to shop?

I also have other problems(bialetti 4tz moka express) - coffee comes out only ~70ml and is very disgusting. No matter if i do it like my italian friend- he pours little warm water-40-60°C, makes a little hill of coffee, and sets fire on little above the lowest gas power. Extraction duration (2min).- one lucky time i get good coffee and a good amount of coffee( ehh i dont know how maybe i need to put perfect weigh of coffee? (2full espresso cups ~2x 70ml) it had a lot of sweet, little bitter and little fine acidity aftertaste.
I try to fill up with 90°C water. Its come more coffee. Maybe(90ml) but always very acidity.

kenyabob

Postby kenyabob » Jan 08, 2019, 7:21 pm

Is this brand new? Does the gasket seem in place and well seated? How fine have you ground it - if you grind coarser, does it still bubble out?

gensiorekk

Postby gensiorekk » Jan 09, 2019, 2:43 am

Its brand new from 5days.I try pre grinded for italian macinato moka from oriental caffe. And some - lavazza-more coarser. Bubbles always comes out, no matter size of grind coffe i put in this.

Intrepid510

Postby Intrepid510 » Jan 10, 2019, 9:27 am

Screw it on tighter. :wink:

gensiorekk

Postby gensiorekk » replying to Intrepid510 » Jan 10, 2019, 10:08 am

Since yesterday, I do not have a problem anymore. Just plainly it stopped bubbling. : D. However, I still can not find the answer to the very sour taste. 50/50 coffee with robusta - which I tried at a friend in a steel bialetti venus was such bitter cocoa. At my place, its acid/, light acid + sweet(not that the worst taste) i. sometimes I burnt this :d.

kenyabob

Postby kenyabob » Jan 10, 2019, 10:16 am

What is your prep and process for making a cup? Are you starting with boiling water?

gensiorekk

Postby gensiorekk » replying to kenyabob » Jan 10, 2019, 10:27 am

I tried hot tap water and medium fire ... Water 90-95 ° and for example, reduce the average power, gradually down, during extraction.
At 90-95 she went out very acidic and she was 2x more than the first way. In the first way, with tap water - the coffee came out less acidic, more burnt

kenyabob

Postby kenyabob » Jan 10, 2019, 8:15 pm

The acid our sourness is usually underextraction. The tip in regular espresso I guess would be to grind finer to increase extraction.

gensiorekk

Postby gensiorekk » replying to kenyabob » Jan 11, 2019, 10:02 am

I think its not underextraction. I use grind little above espresso. My coffe is really stronger than strongest espresso i try., o.o

redbone

Postby redbone » Jan 11, 2019, 10:17 am

gensiorekk wrote:Since yesterday, I do not have a problem anymore. Just plainly it stopped bubbling. : D. However, I still can not find the answer to the very sour taste. 50/50 coffee with robusta - which I tried at a friend in a steel bialetti venus was such bitter cocoa. At my place, its acid/, light acid + sweet(not that the worst taste) i. sometimes I burnt this :d.

Change your coffee to a greater percentage of Arabica vs Robusta and try different water. Since you don't require much water try a lower mineral spring water as a test or mix your current water with spring water.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549