Technivorm Moccamaster KBGV build quality - Page 3

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by Shakespeare »

The one replaceable part of the Moccamaster is one that wouldn't have as many issues if the owner were to perform regular descaling.
I believe, many owners of appliance coffee brewers aren't as diligent in their care as compared to the owners of espresso machines.
This lack of care or maybe not performing the normal servicing & descaling at the appropriate time.
Moccamaster recommends descaling after using a box of 100 filter papers,
I keep to this schedule. If you forget and wait a year or two or never perform a cleaning.
Then the copper water heater brew device will start not performing as it should....
It will become unserviceable and descaling will not work or cure the problem.
This is the part that is most common to be replaced.

*** just treat the Moccamaster as you would your espresso machine.

Milligan

#22: Post by Milligan »

I buy the filter kit directly from Moccamaster. They include 100 filters and a packet of both cleaner and descaler. After the 100 filters are used, I do the packets. Then I open a new box of filters. It has worked out great so far. The machine looks like I just too it out of the box and I'm on box number 6 so 600 brews so far.

Also, you can manually bloom and stir the standard model. Take the carafe out and the coffee doesn't flow. Let it fill the basket a bit then stir and put the carafe back in.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by Shakespeare »

Milligan
Also, you can manually bloom and stir the standard model. Take the carafe out and the coffee doesn't flow. Let it fill the basket a bit then stir and put the carafe back in.
I absolutely agree. I also pulled out the carafe and manually bloomed the coffee for approximately 50 seconds. But, it caused a strong stream to begin sometimes causing a spillover onto the carafe upon its return.
So, I instead I have now, removed basket carefully after turning off the Technivorm.
When I return the basket after the blooming period. The stream is manageable.
It doesn't cause the spillover that previously occurred.

Espressmyself

#24: Post by Espressmyself »

I just tilt the brew basket up after the bloom, slide the carafe under then lower the brew basket down. No spillover. An additional step I do is initially place a paper towel between the carafe and heating plate just in case it does spill, then pull it out after you lower the brew basket.