SteepShot

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
coffeemmichael
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by coffeemmichael »

I've had my SteepShot now at home for almost a month, now ready to share some thoughts as to its performance:
-- Dead simple to use. Just pour water in & wait.
-- Fast-- you really can get a gold-cup extraction in the advertised brew time
-- Consistent-- no fuss, very hard to mess up

Cups seem lighter in body than the aeropress (with paper filter)-- could it be the oils are having a harder time slipping through? Paper filter is more convincingly sealed in the SteepShot filter design.

And now, a video I shot demonstrating its use & other commentary:

jbviau
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by jbviau »

Hey! It seems messy at the "press-out" stage. How careful do you need to be at that point? Also, I shouldn't be surprised given who made it, but this brews a rather small cup by U.S. standards, and I have a feeling that aspect--combined with the price--will limit its appeal here.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

DamianWarS

#3: Post by DamianWarS »

coffeemmichael wrote:I've had my SteepShot now at home for almost a month, now ready to share some thoughts as to its performance:
-- Dead simple to use. Just pour water in & wait.
-- Fast-- you really can get a gold-cup extraction in the advertised brew time
-- Consistent-- no fuss, very hard to mess up

Cups seem lighter in body than the aeropress (with paper filter)-- could it be the oils are having a harder time slipping through? Paper filter is more convincingly sealed in the SteepShot filter design.

And now, a video I shot demonstrating its use & other commentary:
video
I like Tim Wendelboe and the stuff he's doing but do we really need another kickstarter brewer? Why don't I just flip my aeropress upside down and let it do the same thing? no stirring, pressing, timing or all these other "complexities" you mentioned with the aeropress, just flip it and let it drip out.