Single cup auto brewers

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Socalsteve

#1: Post by Socalsteve »

Hi all,

As the title says, I'm curious what's out there for brewing my wife a single 8 oz cup of coffee every morning ( except the weekends when I make her a latte ). Oh, and if possible, with no paper filter.

I've been using a Bunn Trifecta going on 10 years now and I believe it's pretty much on its last legs. I do have some parts to keep it ( possibly running ) but I'm not confident of that.

Which leads me to my question. I know Moccamaster makes one, but they require a paper filter. I do not believe there is a reusable metal filter that small. I contacted Ratio about the 6 and the 8 and they said it's not really set up to brew that small amount.

Please don't suggest that I do manual pour overs. I'm just not interested in standing around with a kettle and a timer, besides my wife likes this ( horrible tasting to me ) soy creamer. So, no real point in making her a " delicious " cup of coffee when she just masks the taste anyway.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Steve

espressosnob_LT

#2: Post by espressosnob_LT »

Sounds like an x-bloom is for you then

Jeff
Team HB

#3: Post by Jeff »

My wife uses her XBloom every time she can't convince or find me to pull or pour her something.

The quality the coffee is very good. There's a wide range of options available as well.

AnotherADDiction

#4: Post by AnotherADDiction »

Sorry, no idea for an auto maker, but I do suggest a Hario v60 Mugen. It does require paper (I haven't tried a metal filter, but it may be possible), but only needs a single pour. So, you can just dump the water and your done. This is my only method I do now, I like it better than most other drippers and don't have time for faff. I typically boil 1.5 cups of water in the microwave and then pour it over 20 grams of coffee. Done. For $14.00 it's a cheap option that tastes great too.

Socalsteve (original poster)

#5: Post by Socalsteve (original poster) »

Ooooh, I forgot to mention that I have a Kafatek Max grinder with their proprietary CR burr set which is designed specifically for pour over. The X bloom would be an unnecessary product for me.

gabeholloway
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by gabeholloway »

I'm enjoying Cometeer as an easy way to an 8oz cup. It's expensive as a daily brew, which may knock it out of contention for you, but I'm loving it as a simple and quick option to pour over and batch brewing.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by pizzaman383 »

You can remove the plastic dripper rest from the moccamaster cup one then use any dripper that tests on the top of your cup. I have done that for years.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

Socalsteve (original poster)

#8: Post by Socalsteve (original poster) replying to pizzaman383 »

Thank you! Interesting idea...which dripper do you use? Would it be too much to ask to take a picture and send it to me?

Thank you!

Steve...local399@aol.com

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#9: Post by pizzaman383 »

Ignore the tubing that I use to feed it water. I use a December dripper.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

coops

#10: Post by coops »

Yup, the Moccamaster Cup One is great...

I'd recommend using the paper filters though... it makes clean up as easy as an Aeropress. Once done, we just lift out & dump the filter & grinds, and then a quick rinse of the plastic Technivorm holder, and that's it.
We use the 1x2 size filters also - easy to find and sit a little higher so you can overfill the Cup One if you like.