Setting up brew profiles in Acaia Coffee app

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
edpirie

#1: Post by edpirie »

I am trying to set up multiple brew recipes in the Acaia Coffee app for V60 and Kalita. Is there a way of doing this? It looks as though the list of timers is hard-wired to one each for V60/Kalita etc. plus three blank ones (Custom 1,2,3). Is it possible to add more to the list (Custom 4,5 etc.) or to rename them, in which case I could cannibalise the Chemex etc. which I don't use? In Coffee.Guru you can add new recipes to your heart's content which is one of the nice features, but would like to have this all in one place ideally.

Another question, is it just me or do others find the display hard to read when operating timer + scale as the numbers merge into one long string? At least the Brewista and Hario have a mark between them to delineate.

Thanks!
Ed LMWDP #391

edpirie (original poster)

#2: Post by edpirie (original poster) »

I had this reply from Acaia within a few hours of sending them the same question. To be seen if an update is forthcoming but I was pleased to have a sympathetic response.

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, you cannot edit timer names, i.e., changing Chemex to display "v60 4:6." You can edit all timers to be a different recipe; you just can't edit the name.
We can put in a feature request to our developers to be able to edit the names of the timer recipes. I think this would be beneficial as my recipe for a 12oz v60 and 24oz are fairly different brew times and pulses. I, too brew mainly v60 and Kalita, so I completely understand your request.
In the meantime, you can use the custom 1, 2, and 3 and could dedicate some brewing methods as your different v60 or Kalita methods. Again, we will submit the feature request and hopefully can work this into a future update. I hope you have a great week
Ed LMWDP #391