Scott of Sump Coffee brews V60 at home [VIDEO]

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#1: Post by baldheadracing »

It has been a few years since Sump released a video.

You may never brew a V60 like this, and I suspect that Scott would be just fine with that. You may well find something to try; I did.

Best viewed in portrait. 9:49 long.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

HRace

#2: Post by HRace »

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the different views he shares. I'll have to experiment a bit with some incoming bags. Thanks again.

gabe_herz

#3: Post by gabe_herz »

Thanks for posting. I like his approach to exploring and trying new things at home, that indeed is what makes it such a fun hobby. I'm curious to try maintaining the "bloom line" he mentions around 9:20. With my V60, I've mostly been using Scott Rao's heavy pour method that doesn't do any pulsing, but mostly adds all the water in one go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Qe_ASxfNM

backdrifter
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by backdrifter »

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! Sump is amazing and Scott is a genius. I'm local and feel fortunate to have such an amazing coffee shop so close. Scott is a very nice person too - back before Covid, Sump used to host a weekly brewing class. I learned a lot from him and his team and he was very generous with his time. I really wish they would bring that program back!