Pour-over or...not pour-over

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.

Postby LouisF » Dec 07, 2018, 8:38 am

I am under the impression that the terms "pour-over" and "drip" in terms of brewing coffee are interchangeable. However: when reading this review: Cafelat Robot Review it seems not to be the case. So, what exactly is pour-over? Is it a widely accepted term in the context used in the article?

Treat others as you want to be treated.


Postby Capac » Dec 07, 2018, 8:42 am

Pour-over means you pour water manually.

Most often refers to V60 and such manual drip brewers.

User avatar
Team HB

Postby TomC » Dec 07, 2018, 8:57 am

It's not a definition for the brew method, it's just his description of how the basket/portafilter gets saturated. The generally accepted terms for brewed coffee are percolation and immersion.