Orphan Espresso pitcher debut at SCAA

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
day

#1: Post by day »

Well, I finally got back to my campsite and I don't see it posted anywhere, but it's possible I missed it. Here is the new orphanespresso silicone calibrated flow rate (via patent pending hole triangle thing) pitcher. This will, imo put pour over back on the map for a travel kit, whereas before the need for a gooseneck in your suitcase was a total deal breaker:) looking forward to getting one myself, just picked up a Krups electric kettle at a thrift store and will probably use it at work to finally be able to drink coffee between the school day and after school tutoring. and pair for travel with the Pharos of course. On a side note, Doug delayed his lunch by about 30 minutes talking to me and Kirby from Sifdis (also an awesome guy.) it was great to meet Doug and Barb!
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

Bodka Coffee

#2: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Very nice pouring pitching. I also enjoyed talking to Doug and Barb. Super couple!

TomC
Team HB

#3: Post by TomC »

This is an excellent idea. I want one! Did they give ship dates?
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

day (original poster)

#4: Post by day (original poster) »

June was mentioned but I am not sure if that was shipping or ordering, a few kinks getting worked out. Apparently when molding silicone the color was a problem for the tool they used, creating lines that made it look a little off, so the green I show may very well not be available in the end but a black and other dark colors sound pretty much finalized.

happycat

#5: Post by happycat »

Thanks for this. I currently use an aero press for picnics and travel or a moka pot. This pouring pitcher would be welcome!
LMWDP #603

day (original poster)

#6: Post by day (original poster) »

Here is a better picture

johnny4lsu

#7: Post by johnny4lsu »

Legit. They will sell a ton of these

Kirbyk8

#8: Post by Kirbyk8 »

Ya this looked like a nice product. I'm not much into pour over but it looks to be a very controllable flow. I had a great time at the show and Doug and Barb are incredibly great people.

Jofari

#9: Post by Jofari »

This looks great! Thanks for sharing with us!

jbviau
Supporter ★

#10: Post by jbviau »

Right, after a few minutes worth of messing with it I can say that this allows great control over flow. I'm optimistic that OE's customers will find a way not to fuss over the alignment of the metal thing inside the spout. 8)
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias