Nick Cho teases new filter cone design - Page 9

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
murse

#81: Post by murse »

Early Kickstarter backer here.

Still haven't gotten my December dripper....LOVE hearing that you can buy it from retailers.

??? :evil:

yakster
Supporter ♡

#82: Post by yakster »

I purchased a December Dripper through KickStarter and suffered through minor leakage issues with the PTFE gasket. I finally received a replacement silicon gasket and installed it today, I'm happy to report no leakage.

The KickStarter replacement gasket offer ends July 31st, so if you haven't filled out the form that was emailed out to backers to get a replacement, you may want to do it now.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

mkrissel

#83: Post by mkrissel »

I bought one a month ago and it works great. It seems they have worked out all the fabrication tolerances and design tweaks.

nnmlrl

#84: Post by nnmlrl »

Good to hear it is fixed. I bought mine from a local reseller about 6 months ago but suffered from the minor leakage.

Errico

#85: Post by Errico »

I was a kickstarter backer of the December Dripper and I could use it just few times and than my dripper broke. I just foud the saucer separated from the cone. The teeny circular weld that hold the saucer onto the small nut let go. It's useless. The connection of the nut with the saucer is too fragile.
They have a great customer service they said: "Warranty covers manufacturer defects only, which is not your case" but the dripper just separated by itself if this is not a manufacturer defect, this means that it's a design problem.
I any case they were so kind to offer me a 20 dollars repair or 15% discount off retail price (total is $46.75 for the dripper only) + shipping.
With this cost I can buy a some Kalita Wave and V60 and be happy with great coffee.
I will just throw it in the garbage and forget the December Dripper but if someone wants to buy a new one, pay attention to their customer service and keep in count that the dripper is fragile.

jesse (original poster)

#86: Post by jesse (original poster) »

Sorry to hear that, Errico. Thanks for posting your experience, though; I may not purchase one of these after all.

kruzilla

#87: Post by kruzilla »

Errico wrote:I was a kickstarter backer of the December Dripper and I could use it just few times and than my dripper broke. I just foud the saucer separated from the cone. The teeny circular weld that hold the saucer onto the small nut let go. It's useless. The connection of the nut with the saucer is too fragile.
They have a great customer service they said: "Warranty covers manufacturer defects only, which is not your case" but the dripper just separated by itself if this is not a manufacturer defect, this means that it's a design problem.
I any case they were so kind to offer me a 20 dollars repair or 15% discount off retail price (total is $46.75 for the dripper only) + shipping.
With this cost I can buy a some Kalita Wave and V60 and be happy with great coffee.
I will just throw it in the garbage and forget the December Dripper but if someone wants to buy a new one, pay attention to their customer service and keep in count that the dripper is fragile.
Same thing just happened to me. After numerous attempts to fix the leakage problem I got the new gasket but even after installing it, it still leaked. They recommended I try hammering the cone yet again and when I went to put the disk back on that little metal nub snapped off. I contacted them but haven't heard back.

bostonbuzz

#88: Post by bostonbuzz »

Just gotta chime in that I got my silicone gasket in the mail, and finally all the leaks have gone (after ~1year of not using it). I'm pretty psyched with the dripper now. It will be my go-to travel/camp device for sure and single cup home use as well.
LMWDP #353