Niche Zero for Aeropress - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
pGolay

#11: Post by pGolay »

MikeTheBlueCow wrote:If you make a new mark (use a sticker, paint pen, etc) on the black ring at the 0, when the metal dot is set to 50, then you'll be able to keep track of your setting easily.
Yes, good, I'll try that, thanks.
-PG

pGolay

#12: Post by pGolay »

Worked like a champ - my new dot setting for Aeropress falls just where the normal one does for espresso, (11-ish) and, my coffee is much, much better in the Aeropress.
-PG

Sid Duffman

#13: Post by Sid Duffman »

^^ Really cool app, Zach! I was searching apps for something like this several months ago, and wasn't able to find anything. Thanks!

Moka 1 Cup

#14: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

zachswinehart wrote:I find that for my light roasts, when I get up to like ~40, the NZ starts to produce a lot of fines.

Here's my go-to recipe that I do for aeropress with light roast on the niche zero:

(Pardon the pasted screenshot, I haven't built proper recipe sharing for my Bean Beast app yet.)
This thing is super nice.
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

mtbizzle

#15: Post by mtbizzle »

zachswinehart wrote:I find that for my light roasts, when I get up to like ~40, the NZ starts to produce a lot of fines.
Try out the 'unimodal' grinding technique for the niche zero. There is a thread on it here, just search 'unimodal' and it should come up. Word is it reduces fines quite effectively.
"All people by nature desire to know" -Aristotle

DamianWarS

#16: Post by DamianWarS replying to mtbizzle »

Here's the link for the thread in question:
Niche Zero - Unimodal Grinding Technique

Hoffmann has similar findings (basically grind one bean at a time)
Conicals are however more inherently bi-modal