Next brewing mechanism to try...Thoughts? - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
vaaccess (original poster)

#11: Post by vaaccess (original poster) »

LBIespresso wrote:+1

My first brewing device. Still use it regularly. So easy and so much info out there on different methods.
Really??? I thought it basically just duplicates the espresso experience.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#12: Post by LBIespresso replying to vaaccess »

I doubt even king kong could get 9 bars of pressure using an Aeropress. :lol:

I can see why you would think that. They both have a spent puck when you are done and both use pressure to push hot water through the bed of coffee. But there are so many differences: There are many more methods for pre-infusion, you can't get anywhere in the neighborhood of 9 bars with the Aeropress, it is a different ratio of coffee to water, and the list goes on from there.

You might say it's halfway between French press and espresso...but then I am sure someone here would argue that point :wink:

I do find it super easy to dial in and it makes great coffee. There are a ton of recipes online. Plus they are cheap. I recommend it.
LMWDP #580

#13: Post by vaaccess (original poster) replying to LBIespresso »

Thanks for this, I had no idea. Obviously. #newbie

#14: Post by vaaccess (original poster) »

Ok. So this aeropress thing. Reading. Curious. Anyone know a good place to buy that comes with accessories to try different things? Pretty intrigued.

Obviously could snag off of Amazon, but purchase and accessory tips appreciated!

Mike

jpender

#15: Post by jpender »

LBIespresso wrote:I doubt even king kong could get 9 bars of pressure using an Aeropress. :lol:
King Kong might be able to do it. But a more intelligent primate would consult Archimedes.

This guy tried. He probably didn't get to 9 bar, especially since he said his Aeropress was "older and inconsistently venting past the plunger". But he may have produced a beverage that was within the range of what is considered espresso.

In normal use the Aeropress is a variant of a presspot.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#16: Post by LBIespresso replying to jpender »

Ha! Very cool!. Thanks for digging that up!
LMWDP #580

BrentG

#17: Post by BrentG »

If you don't have an aeropress your missing out. If I could only have one brew option it's would be aeropress.