My pleasant surprise with the Melodrip - Page 3

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
voozy

Postby voozy » Jan 16, 2019, 11:30 pm

redbone wrote:Think I will get this porcelain p.o. from Bialetti. Not based on reviews or because I need it, just because it's well designed in the classic 8 sided Bialetti style. Also by all accounts it looks like Bialetti is shutting down.

That looked really cool and I got interested, but based on spamazon reviews I decided against it. It apparently cracks easily among other things. That is interesting about Bialetti and sad if true, though their web site looks like usual.
Everyone drinks Voozy.

redbone

Postby redbone » replying to voozy » Jan 17, 2019, 9:51 am

Good to know. Only place I could see it live was downtown and have yet to get there but no rush now.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

erik82

Postby erik82 » Today, 3:33 am

I've been using the Melodrip for 3 weeks now and nothing but positive here. I wanted it as the Gabi didn't let me control the flow speed enough which is set at 4:00min for 300gr. The first couple of times I used the Melodrip making a standard V60 profile with a kettle bloom, 4 pours and a total time of 2:50min for 18/300gr. Tastewise it's much better than pouring with the kettle only, sweeter and it feels like I'm using 21gr instead of 18gr.

I'll be doing the Melodrip recipe the next couple of weeks to see what differences that makes. Going for more pours and longer extraction times should give even better results.