Melitta style dripper in metal ? - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
DamianWarS

#11: Post by DamianWarS »

yakster wrote:Slim pickings, but I found this for you at Newegg.

nice find, I did a search but came up short, except for vintage ones. I don't have any metal drippers and they aren't my first pick but for something like camping I would definitely use them as the go to. did some more digging and it seems to be a 3 hole design. available in a few other places like Walmart Canada (not sure if walmart US has it)

DanN (original poster)

#12: Post by DanN (original poster) »

See them on Amazon, but reviews are not promising and looks like it might take a while to come from China ....

https://www.amazon.com/Jili-Online-Coff ... F8LXK?th=1

yakster
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by yakster »

Interesting comment on Amazon that the bottom is two layers of metal where the holes are so that coffee gets trapped in between the layers.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

DanN (original poster)

#14: Post by DanN (original poster) »

Yeah that was a strange comment indeed....

rmongiovi

#15: Post by rmongiovi »

Why strange? You can see in the photo where the base is tack welded to the cone. It's not surprising at all that liquid gets siphoned in between.

DamianWarS

#16: Post by DamianWarS »

other metal brewers sort of "sit-in" and sink below another piece that lets it rest on the rim of a mug. This other piece doesn't come in contact with the drawdown and it sits on the outside walls. Seems this brewer has a bit of a design flaw.

DanN (original poster)

#17: Post by DanN (original poster) »

Guys I finally got this today from China via ebay. It took 20 days . I like the product and it's good . Well made stainless with copper like brushed exterior.
One small caveat is since there are no internal ridges at the bottom near the holes, water drip rate is a bit slow. I place a stainless thin gauge wire and it helps with the water flow. Good Melitta style brewer in metal finally and thanks to Chris for helping find it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coffee-Filter- ... 2749.l2649