Looking for an immersion brewer with zero water-plastic contact points and is also paper filtered. - Page 5

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
pGolay

#41: Post by pGolay »

Ah, yeah, thanks for the check - I do see the site converts to US dollars, I had not noticed that, BUT on the other hand a direct email from them says shipping would be ~AUS $30.00. I'll poke at this some more. Must be my Covid booster brain sludge. Clearly I am doing things backwards.

I see that one can, if able and willing to negotiate the Chinese website, order direct from Lin's, too.
-PG

jpender

#42: Post by jpender »

pGolay wrote:I see that one can, if able and willing to negotiate the Chinese website, order direct from Lin's, too.
I tried this and when I got to the checkout the only shipping country available was Taiwan.

TimEggers

#43: Post by TimEggers »

yakster wrote:You might search for a gasketless siphon.

Cory DCU/DCL Coffee Brewer - Gasketless Vacuum Pot

Because the serving temperature of a siphon is close to it's brewing temperature you could use a glass rod and filter the result through a paper filter cone while cooling the coffee for drinking.
FWIW, I've had good success with the Cory glass rods (I have half a dozen of them) in the modern Bodum Santos https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/bodum ... ffee-maker vacuum brewer. YMMV.

My personal favorite is the "break and clean" press method, cup is nearly "paper filtered clean" but with all the benefits of full submersion brewing. Break and clean method for French press

Edit: I've recently been using James Hoffman's The Ultimate French Press Technique and have been extremely happy with the results.
Tim Eggers

LMWDP #202
★ Helpful

yakster
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by yakster »

Yeah, I use the Lox-In Pyrex rods in my Yama 8 cup siphon and get great results, no paper filtering for me. It's been too long since I've had a siphon Sunday.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272
★ Helpful