Invergo Is Back (Kickstarter)

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
wsfarrell

#1: Post by wsfarrell »

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

I thought I was seeing some kind of glitch from Kickstarter. I hadn't logged into Kickstarter for several years, then I did, out of boredom a month or two ago. It was fun to see old projects that I had backed. All of them delivered except for this one.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

Following the link above shows "Redesigned and Relaunching - This post is for backers only". But the CEO contacted me offline to elaborate:
Cameron Hughes wrote:1. Everyone that has placed a pre order will receive their pre order of the new design or refund of their pre order amount.
2. We are not accepting pre orders at this time or soliciting money from anyone other that accredit investor.
3. The machine has been completely redesigned 100% of the parts and components are new in addition to the new industrial design.
Anyway, for those who are wondering, the thread Invergo (Kickstarter) from 2014 (!!?) provides the backstory of this project.
Dan Kehn

[creative nickname]

#4: Post by [creative nickname] »

Backer page links to a website showing the new design. Claims a shipping date of Winter 2020 for the final product, but no details with respect to where they are at in terms of manufacturing actual units.

Will any units ever be sold? Will anyone possibly preorder at this point given the history of the project to date? I suppose time will tell.
LMWDP #435

Jeff
Team HB

#5: Post by Jeff »

Clint Orchuk

#6: Post by Clint Orchuk »

Anyone figure out how to get a refund?

sweaner

#7: Post by sweaner »

I lost money on this one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... nd-tea-for

At least the Invergo people are trying to honor their commitments. If that machine works well it could be my Trifecta MB replacement if/when it dies.
Scott
LMWDP #248

ira
Team HB

#8: Post by ira »

I hope it makes it. I spent an hour or more talking to the young designer and his mother at SCAA in Atlanta. He was a really smart kid and he'd done a really good job solving and understanding every problem I could come up with playing devils advocate. I wish I'd had the financial ability to have backed that product in the way it needed at that moment.

Ira

DamianWarS

#9: Post by DamianWarS »

Normally I'm against these pourover bots because they can't seem to mimic a pourover instead it's more like onscreen (like hario's own version). But I like how the very limited video shows this sort of circular rotating piece where water comes out inside of a larger circular rotating piece which should be able to mimic a hand brewing perfectly.

I would like to see a review on it but I doubt it answers any agitation needs pourover may have be it stirring, swirling or better wetting for the bloom. It seems promising and with the ability to infinitely program routines. I suppose a semi automatic mode where it pauses and allows you to stir or swirl or whatever you want.

For me I would need BT integration with an app turning it into like a decent espresso for pourover (which decent already has). I would also need pattern and flow control. The design is set up for a kitchen counter with the back facing the wall which I think misses the cafe market potential. I think a bar version would be good (I guess you could turn it sideways) but with controls on the barista's side and viewing for both customer and barista. Ignoring the commercial market I think is a poor mistake.

ira
Team HB

#10: Post by ira »

There is already a serious multi-headed version for bars that's been around at least a year before this showed up. Never seen one in the wild, but they've been at every SCA conference for 4 or 5 years. Also don't remember the name but I think the original founders were absorbed into some larger coffee-centric company after a year or two, Bunn, Curtis or someone like that.

Ira