Intellegenstia New Brew Ratio & V60 Filters

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
RyanJE

#1: Post by RyanJE »

Hey All,

I wanted to post about some interesting things learned during my trip last week to Chicago. I visited their Millenium Park location a handful of times and thought the coffees were good but a bit weak. I did the roastery tour (very educational) and got to meet and talk with Geoff Watts for a while. At first, I didn't understand why the brewed coffees I had at the shop seemed a bit weak. Then, at the roastery tour I had a chance to taste about 4 different coffees and I thought the same about all of those as well.

At the end of the tour they gave out bags of fresh roasted coffee. On the new packaging it recommends a 1:18 brew ratio for all of their brewed coffees. I asked the Project Manager who led the tour and handles their new barista education, if they actually use that now. She confirmed that is how they are brewing coffees in shop and stated how they roast currently the coffee was too strong at 1:16. All made sense after that! Just wanted to share.

Also, they carry what appear to be 100 packs of the original V60 tab-less filters although they are Bonmac brand?? Link below...

https://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/bo ... individual
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....