Espro Pourover (Kickstarter)

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Boldjava

#1: Post by Boldjava »

Goes live on Apr 15 on Kickstarter. 16.5 oz. Flat bottom paper or go nu without the paper, like an Able. I don't see the novelty in it; just one more in the field unless you count the dual nature of it.

-----
LMWDP #339

ira
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by ira »

Wonder if it's the same filters as their last dripper but widened out at the top to make pouring easier?

Ira

tgappmayer
Supporter

#3: Post by tgappmayer »

Eh. Unless it was double-walled vacuum construction to allow for more stable brew temps, I don't think there's much interesting here. Just another dripper.

My plastic v60 is still killing it.

murse

#4: Post by murse »

Can you control the flow like the December dripper?

Sorta looks like one.......

yakster
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster »

Looks like an espresso basket with a funnel that you can use to brew pour-over with or without the paper filter. No flow control beyond the very small espresso-filter-basket-like holes.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by baristainzmking »

I wonder how often we need to reinvent the wheel. ;)
Julia

murse

#7: Post by murse »

yakster wrote:Looks like an espresso basket with a funnel that you can use to brew pour-over with or without the paper filter. No flow control beyond the very small espresso-filter-basket-like holes.
Backed it. Espro products are a no brainer. Always high quality. Always amazing build quality.

I've been anti-paper filter for years, so that option is very appealing.

Currently, I place generic mesh coffee filter baskets in my December dripper.

Curious to see the (taste) difference...

DanN

#8: Post by DanN »

It's paper free ...but this concept is nothing new and very similar to one of my favorite japanese brewers kinto carat which I use a lot...

https://www.amazon.com/Kinto-700-Carat- ... B008UNUMDE

GioTheDrfiter

#9: Post by GioTheDrfiter » replying to DanN »

yakster
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by yakster »

Both of those look like standard metal filter cones, not the flat bed espresso basket with a funnel model that the Espro Pour-over is using.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272