DIY alternative for "MOD BAR" pourover system. Prof thoughts required

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
spookyddookie

#1: Post by spookyddookie »

I would like to create "pour over system" which gives me water with stable temperature. I know about MODBAR pour over system and its very cool, but its out of my budget and i thing that software part is probably unwanted in my condition.

So, few theoretical questions:

1. Is there any difference in two cups (I understand the time benefits, asking about taste differences) , where first was made by electric kettle and second by something with more stable water temperature? Like what is the real temperature loss when you using kettle and your "pouring water in stage" is about 1min?. Does it plays any role in the cup? Super Stable temperature worth it?

2. In my daily V60 cups using type of roast like on the pic (only once i tried something roasted a bit lighter, more often - something a bit more darker) and my temperature never go out of 89-93 degrees Celsius (when it comes under 89 - its feels to incomplete to me, upper than 93-95 - uncomfortable to drink and its to bitter all the way im drinking it).
I would like to get your experience and advices about range of your temperature regime you using in your pours (V60 first of all, and of course any other pours, presses and etc). Is there any happy medium temperature for every alternative methods or should i make it for example with 2 temperature regimes or with controller for each degree of temperature?

TY! and if its possible - answer as deep as you can!
sorry for my eng

RyanJE

#2: Post by RyanJE »

I have an OXO gooseneck kettle and during a 4 minute brew it looses maybe 2F when its originally filled to the line or just below. I doubt that 2F means much in the cup. I dont think temp stability is an issue with good PID gooseneck kettles. Assuming they have a lot of water in them.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....