Dialing in pour-over for new coffees - Page 3

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
MB

#21: Post by MB »

I was surprised how much easier I was able to dial in once I started using the Coffee Compass to tell me what adjustments to make for filter brewed coffee. https://www.baristahustle.com/blog/the-coffee-compass/
LMWDP #472

bobR (original poster)

#22: Post by bobR (original poster) »

Regarding the realignment of the LIdo 3 video link: I tried the realignment per OE video and my results got worse and the brew time increased excessively. Then I remembered and old post with a modified way of alignment which I used about a year ago. I tried that again. Briefly it entails holding the Lido upside down and rather than tightening all bolts in an X pattern, tighten all bolts very lightly just to hold the fixed burr in place. You then start adjusting grind ring towards zero until the burrs start to rub. You then go through a rather time consuming process of tightening or in some cases loosening bolts and see whether it increases or decreases rub. If you eliminate rub you move further toward zero until you get rub and then repeat. In this way I was able to eliminate rub an additional 2 hash marks closer to zero versus the standard OE procedure and my grinds went back to where they were before. I'm not necessarily promoting this, it just works better for me. I now have powdery fines at 20% and I would like to get to 10%. I will try some of the other suggestions and I'm contemplating getting a Comandante C40 MK3 to compare (when they get back in stock somewhere).