COLUM no-bypass dripper on IndieGogo

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#1: Post by baldheadracing »

In a nutshell, put a glass tube in a stainless steel ring and cone dripper to get a more-or-less no-bypass brewer (once there is about 12 g of coffee in the cone area).

This is from Ray Murakawa of Melodrip fame. Note that this isn't a marketing-type campaign like, for example, Fellow runs. Ray is working on the design and the dripper is not near production - if you are interested in the background, then Update #1 is worth a read.

Lots of words in the marketing about reducing paper waste with smaller paper cone filters, but I asked and the system will take the usual V60/KONO/Cafec/etc. cone filters (of which I have many). You can also use any 60-degree cone dripper with the tube+ring - V60, KONO, Origami, etc.

I backed it. This is just a link to the campaign page, no backer/tracker BS: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/colu ... odrip-co#/
Speaking of BS, if you back, then I would advise checking if you have an "Indiegogo tip" amount added to your pledge. That has nothing to do with the campaign AFAIK. I deleted that.

-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

culturesub

#2: Post by culturesub »

I backed as well. I find Ray to be one of the best coffee people around, and the Melodrip is indispensable for me. Can't wait to try it.

baldheadracing (original poster)
Team HB

#3: Post by baldheadracing (original poster) »

So the August 2023 ship date has slipped - as happens with almost all crowdfunded projects :lol:.

Today's update has the final design approved and tooling of the last pieces underway, with the expectation to ship in December. To me, the main thing is to get the pieces from Taiwan shipped to the USA before Chinese New Year (Feb 9-15, 2024).

I think that the design has evolved nicely. While the Colum isn't as aesthetically pleasing as some of my other one-cup drippers, I think that the design has the potential to produce the best cup with light roasts. I'm looking forward to it.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada