Cold Brew Coffee Sucks: Yes or No? - Page 5

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.

Cold Brew Coffee Sucks

Yes
33%
No
50%
Don't care
17%

Total votes: 119

Carmd1281

#41: Post by Carmd1281 »

When made well does not suck
Carm
New York, NY

MattHowell

#42: Post by MattHowell »

Yep! Just chiming in to give another vote for flash-chilled coffee. Especially if you love lighter roasts!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by yakster »

yakster wrote:Started a test batch for nitro cold brew with a Bruer, soda siphon, and a stout tap. The cafeteria at work got a Bunn cold brew dispenser a while ago which I enjoyed at first but the flavors eventually turned bad probably due to lack of cleaning.
Brewing was done when I checked this morning and I sampled the cold brew and filled the soda siphon for nitrogenization. The cold brew was pretty weak, I think I need to tweak my ratios. I used 50 g coffee, hot bloomed with 100 g hot water and stirred and tamped down the grounds before putting an Aeropress filter over the top, then added 300 g ice and 300 g water for the brew so 700 g water / 50 grams coffee = 600 grams coffee for a 14:1 brew ratio.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by yakster »

I charged the cold brew with Nitrous, it took two cream chargers to give it enough pressure for a good flow and a creamy cold brew, but it tasted great. I changed my mind on the strength because I was feeling the effects, I think I'll leave it at 14:1 brew ratio for the next batch.

This was a Brazil I roasted in the Bullet with some tipping / charring, and it tasted pretty boring as cold brew but the N itrous added an interesting sweetness and creamy flavor that made it a tasty beverage.

So, I think I'm not a big fan of cold brew, but I do like nitro beverages.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

rbh1515

#45: Post by rbh1515 »

I love cold brew coffee. Done properly it can be fantastic. I make mine in an Aeropress. Coarse grind, 35 grams. Placed in Aeropress for 24 hours in the frig. I made some for a good friend, who is a coffee fanatic...and he couldn't believe how good it was.
Rob

Dburns

#46: Post by Dburns »

I want to like cold brew.... even the descriptions always SOUND way better.... but in the end I think standard brew methods for iced coffee with cool down yield a more complex and pallet pleasing flavor - At least for me ;-)

Fishchris

#47: Post by Fishchris »

I think darn near anything can be made to taste good with enough heavy cream and sweetener :D

I guess Frapacino's are different ? .... But I used to freaking love those. Need to try those again, keto style....