Bunn Trifecta MB - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
markmark1

#11: Post by markmark1 »

You will need to contact Bunn, but you might be out of luck. I have the same issue with mine, but they are basically no longer supported. They offered to buy it back from me, even though I bought it from ebay.

It's possible that the part that has an issue is the same as the commercial version, but they won't tell you that, most likely.

Please let me know if you get a solution!

cdbugler

#12: Post by cdbugler »

I spoke with two people at Bunn on three different phone calls. They are still great with personal customer service. Their suggestions didn't work. I hope that I can get a bit more help on disassembling further and deeper cleaning. For now I've unboxed the Breville and will have to use it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Advertisement
markmark1

#13: Post by markmark1 »

What is the symptom? From what I can remember with mine, when it was starting to do the initial wetting, it would just eject straight out the bottom.

I think there is some magnetic closure inside that isn't working properly. If it was a commercial one, they would sell you parts. (apparently they share a lot of parts) But because it's a home machine, it's not deemed user serviceable.

cdbugler

#14: Post by cdbugler »

That's exactly what is happening with mine. Water freely passes through the chamber from pre infusion on.

jbviau
Supporter ★

#15: Post by jbviau »

^^^ Sorry to hear it! PM incoming...
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

markmark1

#16: Post by markmark1 »

Did you find a solution?

cdbugler

#17: Post by cdbugler »

Nothing yet. I haven't yet emailed redkiosk to see if he has more in depth suggestions. For the time being I'm just using the Breville and have my Trifecta out in the shop on my bench.