Best way to re-create my coffee shop's pourover - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
redbone

Postby redbone » Dec 11, 2018, 10:32 am

aecletec wrote:Is that not an espresso burr?

I found the 58mm SSP required a finer setting on the collar to achieve the same grind vs the oem burrs, the advantage to that is that I was able to grind coarse enough to satisfy a Chemex grind level. Just to echo what most know here; don't recommend same grinder for espresso and pour over due to large difference in grind settings. My F4E with SSP 58mm burrs is used strictly for espresso, I use a conical grinder for my p.o., drip and moka pots.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

aecletec

Postby aecletec » Dec 11, 2018, 10:28 pm

The only 58mm in store is an espresso burr, he has some brew specific burrs and we're talking specifically about brewing to a professional level.

jasonmolinari

Postby jasonmolinari » Dec 12, 2018, 4:28 pm

thanks, i reached out to him regarding a 58mm mazzer brew burr set. I'll wait for a reply.

jasonmolinari

Postby jasonmolinari » Dec 12, 2018, 4:41 pm

I guess i could also swap out my mini for super jolly carriers and put 64mm brew burrs from SSP......

redbone

Postby redbone » replying to jasonmolinari » Dec 12, 2018, 4:52 pm

Others have attempted this and found the Mini motor to be insufficient with the larger burrs resulting in stalling. SSP burrs in Mazzer Mini E -- stalling
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

jasonmolinari

Postby jasonmolinari » replying to redbone » Dec 12, 2018, 9:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I had read a bunch of conversion threads and that one hadn't come up yet.