Bell Syphon Coffee - Page 4

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by yakster »

I still have a bunch of coffee toys at work, someday I need to go in and box them up since I'm working from home now. Where to put them? What one size would you recommend?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

baldheadracing
Team HB

#32: Post by baldheadracing replying to yakster »

Actually, that's the second reason this device is now in my not-used-coffee-devices-drawer (closet if I include no-longer-used espresso machines :lol:). This device brews a fixed volume of water; no more, and no less. That's fine if the brewer's only capacity is what one wants, but I found that I just don't make one cup of coffee that way. When I make a single cup, I decide how big a cup to make when I am weighing out the beans. OTOH, if one always makes the same size cup and that size matches the brewer ...
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

DanN (original poster)

#33: Post by DanN (original poster) »

Craig , not sure if you are using this correctly. You can add any amount of water to brew. Once you cross that minimum threshold, Syphon will kick in and dump out all the water in the device ...I even brew 20oz at a time. No issues....

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#34: Post by Nunas »

You can add any amount of water to brew. Once you cross that minimum threshold, Syphon will kick in and dump out all the water in the device ...I even brew 20oz at a time. No issues....
Correct. Once the siphon starts running, you have from then until the siphon begins to suck air to add any amount of water you like. I do this all the time.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#35: Post by baldheadracing »

DanN wrote:Craig , not sure if you are using this correctly. ....
I'm not using it correctly - I'm not using it at all! :D

(I found myself more comfortable with other brewers. YMMV.)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada