Behmor Connected Brewer change defaults?

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
compaddict

#1: Post by compaddict »

Unless I am missing something.. I can't see where I can change the default settings for brew temp and pre-soak.
I bought a new Behmor brewer just because my old Behmor was getting kind of old.
Vince

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

I assume that you do that with the app?
Scott
LMWDP #248

compaddict (original poster)

#3: Post by compaddict (original poster) »

As far as I can see you can make favorite brew settings but can not change the default brew. As far as I can see...
Vince

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by pizzaman383 »

Use the "set quickstart" feature of the app.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

#5: Post by compaddict (original poster) »

Just confirmed with Behmor. You can not change the defaults at this time.
I really don't see the point of this product.
I got it because my old Behmor was getting old and changing the brew settings would be easier.
I will get the 2.0 instead.

nlukas

#6: Post by nlukas »

I'm assuming you are wanting to change the settings from default for the quick start button. It can be done through the app. Here is a link explaining the process.
https://behmor.com/knowledge-base/how-t ... ick-start/

#7: Post by compaddict (original poster) »

You can make a custom start using the app but you can' t change the defaults. So I would have to brew with my smart phone every morning.

nlukas

#8: Post by nlukas »

I didn't realize it defaults back. That is dumb, You would think they could change that with a software update. You could leave a old device phone/tablet just for the connected like the DE1. I'm pretty sure they have stopped making the connected, I think for the new model, the Brazen Plus 2 they went back to the onboard buttons. I have enjoyed using the connected, but it has its own quirks. It connects via WiFi not Bluetooth & needs to be 2.4Ghz secured connection. I like the idea the brew tempature is adjustable, but that also creates other issues. The connected takes twice as long to make a pot of coffee because it heats all the water to temp before even starting to brew.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by yakster »

nlukas wrote:The connected takes twice as long to make a pot of coffee because it heats all the water to temp before even starting to brew.
This is how the original BraZen and BraZen+ works. I fill using the hot water tap from my water dispenser to short-cut this. Does the BraZen 2 work differently?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

#10: Post by compaddict (original poster) »

They all function the same.