2nd favorite brewing method

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
kc2hje
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by kc2hje » Jul 06, 2019, 6:41 pm

Wanted to see what other brewing methods people like aside from espresso, and why.

Here's mine

Vacuum pot= when we have company over it's just so fun to see the WTH look on there face if they turn down espresso and even though the physics are simple it's still super amusing to watch.

The other one is aeropress because need good coffee while on travel but not ready to go for a portable espresso maker yet.

Chris

txxt

#2: Post by txxt » Jul 06, 2019, 7:43 pm

I can't seem to get over the flavor consistency of drip from the Moccamaster so that's my personal favorite to back up the espresso machine.

shfflz

#3: Post by shfflz » Jul 07, 2019, 4:52 am

Aeropress would be my second choice affer v60

cafe102
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by cafe102 » Jul 07, 2019, 8:56 am

Ratio Eight, I picked up a used one last year. It makes a great pot of coffee and looks sharp sitting on the counter.

eglitis.nauris

#5: Post by eglitis.nauris » Jul 08, 2019, 1:25 pm

Mine absolutely is Khalita! Time ago it was V60, but there are few problematic things I've experienced with cone brewers, so now it's Khalita. You would ask why? Because if you wanna get geeky and look for the details, it is easy to maintain temperature at the sweet spot , easy to repeat and get the same results , easier to control if you fail with grind size or your pouring technique, can make coffee for 1-4 people easy. The brewed drink by it self is clean, full with flavours and rich in body. Usually making it with 1:16 - 1:17 ratio and 16g/30-32g dose in three pours. :)

LCProaster

#6: Post by LCProaster » Jul 09, 2019, 9:37 am

Mines the bonavita 5 cup. I can brew 5 cups in about 3 1/2 minutes if I put hot water in the reservoir rather than cold. I use a 1:15 ratio.

RyanJE

#7: Post by RyanJE » Jul 09, 2019, 9:39 am

My first favorite is drip / filter. Espresso is 2nd.

I just like to sit and enjoy my coffee for a while, espresso is gone too fast.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

sweaner
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by sweaner » Jul 09, 2019, 10:46 am

Bunn Trifecta MB...sadly, no longer available. :cry:

Mine tried to die but has been resurrected...for now.
Scott
LMWDP #248

www.coffeefreek.com

RyanJE

#9: Post by RyanJE » replying to sweaner » Jul 09, 2019, 11:14 am

Always wanted to try one of those! I think maybe that product was too advanced (and maybe pricey) for the home user?
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

sweaner
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by sweaner » Jul 10, 2019, 12:38 am

Likely too pricey for brewed coffee. If they could have gotten the price down to the $250-300 range it would have done much better. I have certainly gotten my money's worth out of it.
Scott
LMWDP #248

www.coffeefreek.com