$100 electric swan kettle keeps busting

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
wearashirt

#1: Post by wearashirt »

Hi guys,

I bought a certain $100 electric swan-neck kettle. Something about its electric prongs (the plugger) makes it not stick properly enough into the socket. So it sort of short circuits and gets busted (won't turn-on). The repair shop said they had to replace the relays, which is a pretty standard spare part.

Thing is, it's happened again with the SECOND kettle (I bought three). I wonder if any of you guys know what i'm talking about, and if there's good kind of fix? Fact of the matter is, a staff of the cafe that sold me the kettles, he admitted that the kettles runs into some electrical problems.

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

Which "certain kettle" would that be?
Scott
LMWDP #248

turtle

#3: Post by turtle »

Stove top not an option for you?

Mick - Drinking in life one cup at a time
I'd rather be roasting coffee

LukeFlynn

#4: Post by LukeFlynn »

turtle wrote:Stove top not an option for you?

<image>
+1, Stove tops are a great option. A lot of people like the Bonavita PID Kettle, which is around 80 dollars. I would get a refund on the busted one and buy the Bonavita.

CoffeeBar

#5: Post by CoffeeBar »

If you really like electric kettle, I would highly recommend you The Whole New Bonavita, temperature was control by Strix. My friend used one of this, day and night in his coffee shop, very reliable and temperature accurate control within 1c. :D

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

If you are referring to the 1 litre Bonavita PID kettle, I have two and have regularly used one for over two years without problems. I wonder what's going on if there's a bad connection between the plug and the outlet.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Unrooted

#7: Post by Unrooted »

CoffeeBar wrote:If you really like electric kettle, I would highly recommend you The Whole New Bonavita, temperature was control by Strix. My friend used one of this, day and night in his coffee shop, very reliable and temperature accurate control within 1c. :D

<image>
When does that come out? I just got the older version.

CoffeeBar

#8: Post by CoffeeBar replying to Unrooted »

Hi Unrooted, I think it was come out into the China market last year. Not available in the US market yet. But you could order easily in taobao China for around USD$101.00 without shipping cost( shipping cost should very reasonable to USA, just register in Taobao it will show after adding the item into your cart ) Thank you :D

https://world.taobao.com/item/536951151 ... I3A#detail