Would you upgrade from a Mazzer Super Jolly to Niche Zero? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
kidloco

#21: Post by kidloco »

Mountain wrote:Thanks to you and others I am poorer now (haha) since ordering a Niche which is somewhere between the UK and CA. There seems to be a clear consensus that the Niche is a step-function improvement to grinders in the M4 (which is what i have) class at least. So, instead of fooling around and waiting until the Niche price goes up in a couple months I ordered one now.
You will be delighted, money can be earned again, and you are actually saving time with every shot you make using Niche, and time is money so.... :mrgreen:

Mountain

#22: Post by Mountain »

kidloco wrote:You will be delighted, money can be earned again, and you are actually saving time with every shot you make using Niche, and time is money so....
I CANNOT believe how fast the Niche got shipped from the UK to the US CA. Ordered 10/2, shipped 10/3, and received today 10/7. Amazing! And, even more amazing is the very first grind I did. I definitely ground too fine going in the mid-range of Espresso on the grinder. I ended up having the shot preinfuse for 13 seconds and it took 38 seconds once the pressure ramped to 9 bar to pull 38 grams of espresso from the 18 gram puck. But, my flow started at around .8 ml/s and never exceeded 1.8. In the past my puck would most likely have broken down but it seems the more consistent grind distribution is going to allow all kinds of new experimentation. I feel like a kid in a candy store! haha :D :o :lol: