Would you purchase La Marzocco GS3 MP today? - Page 5

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
yoshi005

#41: Post by yoshi005 »

@iamamar Check out this thread: La Marzocco Linea Mini Flow profiling mod
LMWDP #453

iamamar (original poster)

#42: Post by iamamar (original poster) » replying to yoshi005 »

Awesome. Thank you!

thoang77

#43: Post by thoang77 »

An MP? No, absolutely not. Wouldn't even consider it... I just received my long awaited AV on Thursday!

Jake_G
Team HB

#44: Post by Jake_G »

All it needs is a needle valve! :mrgreen:

Seriously, congrats on the AV. Wonderful machine, through and through.

(It just needs a needle valve to reach it's full potential...)

Cheers!

- Jake

thoang77

#45: Post by thoang77 »

Jake_G wrote:All it needs is a needle valve! :mrgreen:
Oh, I have had a close eye on that thread for months now. Just trying to appreciate the brand new toy before I get tinkering on it, :lol:

pcrussell50

#46: Post by pcrussell50 » replying to thoang77 »

You can still use it as stock, even after the mod, so no worries there.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

thoang77

#47: Post by thoang77 »

pcrussell50 wrote:You can still use it as stock, even after the mod, so no worries there.
Yeah I know there's no affect on the operation but you know, the wife would appreciate it being unaltered for it a bit (even though they're practically invisible alterations)

TigerShot

#48: Post by TigerShot »

I'm curious what you ended up doing? I'm taking delivery of my GS/3 MP next week, and what ended driving our decision over the other top end machines was the aesthetics. Also, I'm looking forward to the tactile aspect of using the paddle, and it giving me 25 seconds of tranquility every morning.

TigerShot

#49: Post by TigerShot »

I had also been looking for a used machine and couldn't find one, so I bought new.

philb

#50: Post by philb »

I've had one for 7 years and have gotten immense pleasure out of it, with just a few episodes of frustration. I moved from an automatic to a semi automatic box-like design from Italy to the GS3. Each time the replacement came about because I wore out the earlier machines or found the results were not good enough. I finally said - enough - I'll buy one more and stop. With the GS3, I've gotten the best shots in my life time after time. There's a great satisfaction in having this machine do what it does so well for so long. The only frustrations have been needing service calls to track down a boiler fill issue and an one or two leaks after all of this time. You do need regular maintenance and that can cost $100-$200 once or twice a year. I recently had the machine upgraded with WiFi while in for service and it works just like one purchased today. I do highly recommend it and have found the company to be exceptional to work with when I've had questions.

And finally, when I was moving it, I inadvertently dropped the machine onto onto its front on a wooden floor from about 3 feet. I slipped while carrying the 75 pound machine. I thought it was a goner, but the only damage was a plastic cap that goes over the group head, a $12 part. It was then checked out and worked just fine. This is one great machine.