WLL compares Profitec Pro 700 to Lelit Bianca... - Page 5

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Pressino

#41: Post by Pressino »

another_jim wrote:The European pricing of the Lelits may go up, rather than our pricing going down. Lelit has no profile in the US, so is a plausible manufacturer of hobbyist espresso machines. In Europe, they make a wide range of home appliances, and have a down market reputation; so they need to compete on price to get started in espresso. If you bracket that out, what really remains of the supposed quality differences between Profitec and Lelit machines?
Well, if they sell for exactly the same price, and machine compactness and other Bianca "bling" stuff is not important, IMHO the Pro700 is a much more solidly built machine that will likely stand up to use better and be easier to repair if it ever needs that...hence the reason I chose it over the Bianca. Just my opinion of course. As the owner of a Bianca you probably feel differently about it. And I do think the Bianca looks nicer. :D

mathof

#42: Post by mathof »

Stavey wrote:Both are outdated with lots of quality control issues.
Review finished
LOL
"Outdated" is a questionable term to use concerning a hobby where there's a broad consensus that the 54-year-old Olympia Cremina produces excellent espresso, doubtless as good as made with any Profitec or Lelit machine.

BPlus: turning your coffee spirit
Sponsored by BPlus
elkayem

#43: Post by elkayem »

Well good for Java Jim! (Full disclosure, I am one of his customers.) I was curious so I watched his entire hour of video. He did a much more thorough tear down of the two machines, and as expected, the Profitec was far from the clear winner. I guess that's why WLL chose to highlight meaningless things like the type of screws on the top panel, which haven't made a bit of difference in the taste of my morning espresso. On the other hand, those Allen bolts on the Profitec do look like a major headache in servicing the machine.

A number of posts in this thread have noted the big price difference in Europe as a proxy for a difference in quality. It is an interesting data point, but I would be careful about using it as an indicator of which machine is "better" without also knowing the relative profit margin. Jim's more thorough video did not reveal a big difference in quality of parts or construction. Companies will sell their products at the price the market will bear. As an example, look at the market for high end automatic watches, where a different brand name can fetch substantially more money for a product with the same quality. For me, the Bianca was the "better" machine even with the US pricing, which is why I chose it. Plus it is the better looking machine, and I know we can all agree on that. Now if only I could comb my hair straighter in its reflection.

Stavey

#44: Post by Stavey »

mathof wrote:"Outdated" is a questionable term to use concerning a hobby where there's a broad consensus that the 54-year-old Olympia Cremina produces excellent espresso, doubtless as good as made with any Profitec or Lelit machine.
Yes outdated . This is why we don't drive model T s anymore. Because there are so many better more refined options.

On a side note profitec and lelit have been having lots of quality control issues as of lately.