Wife demands better espresso machine - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Gargamel40 (original poster)

#21: Post by Gargamel40 (original poster) »

Yeah i'm going to plug it in a smart switch. I checked many reviews and with Pro 600, heating time is closer to 30 min, some even say they pulled espresso with only 15 min heat up time and didn't taste a difference.

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#22: Post by PIXIllate »

Any e61 machine should be given 45-60 minutes to come up to full, stable operating temperature. That's how I program my smart switch for my Profitec 600.

Advertisement
GorchT

#23: Post by GorchT »

Gargamel40 wrote:Yeah i'm going to plug it in a smart switch. I checked many reviews and with Pro 600, heating time is closer to 30 min, some even say they pulled espresso with only 15 min heat up time and didn't taste a difference.
As a tip you and your wife should just try it out. I have seen so many opinions on these topics. I guess the higher quality you want the more time you will spent for heating up. The only question is, when are you at the point of diminishing return for yourself or when do you not taste a difference. You are the only two people who can answer this question. Also don't get too obsessed with trying to do stuff like everybody else, find a way so that you love your coffee and the most important thing, have lots of fun with your "new" hobby.

Gargamel40 (original poster)

#24: Post by Gargamel40 (original poster) replying to GorchT »

Yeah i can't wait. I'm afraid a bit, because here are many variables that can go wrong and espresso will suck (compared to my modest DeLonghi full auto now) for a long time before i master it.

Oskuk

#25: Post by Oskuk replying to Gargamel40 »

Yes, but you made the difficulties yourself with that starting-list ;-)
-and 87,4% of those comes from coffee and grinder, does not help plenty adjusting the coffee-machine like mad doctor in movies from 50.s

But we are living in interesting times, waiting for hear the moods as you get hands on the new toys.

BTW using plenty flushing first gives faster warming the group.

GorchT

#26: Post by GorchT »

Gargamel40 wrote:Yeah i can't wait. I'm afraid a bit, because here are many variables that can go wrong and espresso will suck (compared to my modest DeLonghi full auto now) for a long time before i master it.
To be honest it will suck :D Mine did atleast for the first two weeks and now it's better than what I can get anywhere else. So don't worry it's never going to be perfect from the start. In the end it is still craftmanship.

Bluenoser

#27: Post by Bluenoser »

Gargamel40 wrote:Yeah i can't wait. I'm afraid a bit, because here are many variables that can go wrong and espresso will suck (compared to my modest DeLonghi full auto now) for a long time before i master it.
yes.. if you are new to the field.. trying out something is of limited value because your taste and skill are at the beginning of the learning curve.. So research as best you can, buy the one you find will fit the bill, then learn to use the machine to its potential.. that will take a while..

Advertisement
zfeldman

#28: Post by zfeldman »

michael wrote:Loved my spaz for close to 10 years and made some very good coffee but eventually got some new machines and am making better coffee; better temp control and stability; better preinfusion and a chance to use some of those things that work with 58mm 8)
Was wondering what the next step up for better would be...then looked at the equipment in your sig. No upgraditis since it won't happen...but for sure LUST for one of those machines. :lol: