Which grinder to grind a lot of coffee at once

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
erichardson30

#1: Post by erichardson30 »

Hey all. New here and looking for advice on a grinder. I mainly brew drip & pour over and we go through a lot of coffee each morning in the house. I usually grind up about 1/4 lb of beans at a time. Looking to upgrade my home grinder. I've had the Cuisinart DBM-8 for a LONGGG time and every time I grind it frustrates me. Very inconsistent grinds, high retention, etc. I've been doing a lot of research as to what to buy next. The two on my radar are the Baratza Virtuoso+ or the Fellow Ode. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on the Fellow though. Are there other grinders to consider? Let's say budget is $400ish

LindoPhotography

#2: Post by LindoPhotography »

Baratza has some good options for Pour over coffees within your budget I believe, but maybe not so dependable, they're easy and cheap to repair though. What did you hear that was bad about the ODE? I think that might be the best choice for you, you get some good burr options too with it!

ira
Team HB

#3: Post by ira »

If you can find a used one with burrs in usable condition and you have the room, a Bunn G series would be about as good as it gets. Or find one really cheap and put new burrs in it. It's a great brew grinder and perfectly happy grinding 3 pounds at a time.

Ira
★ Helpful