Which coffee distributor tool would you recommend?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
romaen

#1: Post by romaen »

Hello!

I am looking for a coffee distributor for my 15g VST basket. Since it is the fastest to order them @amazon I found those two: Which one would you recommend? Or would you recommend a different one?

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

I have both types and find that they both work very well.
Scott
LMWDP #248

romaen (original poster)

#3: Post by romaen (original poster) replying to sweaner »

Did you realise any difference?

sweaner

#4: Post by sweaner replying to romaen »

I have not really noticed any significant differences.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Neto

#5: Post by Neto »

I have the Motta 8350 distribution tool (made in italy) and its great. Heavy and seems to be built with quality materials

ncrc51

#6: Post by ncrc51 »

sweaner wrote:I have both types and find that they both work very well.
Agree with sweaner. I have both as well. I can tell no difference in function. I do feel that for me they improve shot consistency.

Iowa_Boy

#7: Post by Iowa_Boy »

I have the second one in your link and it works extremely well.

Spitz.me

#8: Post by Spitz.me »

ncrc51 wrote:Agree with sweaner. I have both as well. I can tell no difference in function. I do feel that for me they improve shot consistency.
I'd recommend none since my experience was that all I did was add something that was fairly fidgety to my process since it was sensitive to the height of my coffee bed. I found no discernible improvement to my prep or my performance. I returned my in under a week.

If you want one then great. I'm happy with a WDT tool.
LMWDP #670

romaen (original poster)

#9: Post by romaen (original poster) »

Thanks for your replies!
I ordered the second one, and as soon as I tested it I am going to share my experience! :)

mauijer

#10: Post by mauijer »

I purchased the St Anthony Industries Wedge for myself and bought the 2nd one in your link for a friend. Haven't compared head to head yet but we're both happy. The SAI one is pretty and heavy. Not sure if it makes a huge difference on flow or channeling compared with my finger sweep but it is more sanitary to watch by those requesting shots from me, also faster. FYI I still WDT first which flattens/distributes the espresso mound and then I use the tool. I find this mimicks my prior routine and gives a better result than if I just use the tool without WDT.