Where does the Bunnzilla stack up in the hierarchy of grinders for brewed coffee?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
givemeespressofirst

#1: Post by givemeespressofirst »

I've decided to upgrade my grinder for brewed coffee (Breville Smart Grinder, non-pro) and I'm having some trouble finding a decently priced G1 in good shape. Before I pull the trigger on one and the Ditting burrs, I just wanted to make sure I'm not touching on the next tier of grinders with the price point I would be reaching to put together a Bunnzilla (~$850-900). What would I be looking at to get another step up from a Bunnzilla, both in terms of quality and longevity? I am really happy with my espresso setup now and I'd like to similarly future proof myself. If I can get a noticeable improvement with a little more, then I may just do that, but if the next tier is an EK-43 then I'll probably go for the Bunn.

givemeespressofirst (original poster)

#2: Post by givemeespressofirst (original poster) »

Not wanting to be this guy

I found this great thread.

Basically, the Bunnzilla is as good in the cup as anything out there, even an EK-43. Life expectancy is about 2 tons for the Bunn, maybe less for the Ditting burrs. So the Bunnzilla will probably outlast most everyone's needs.

millcityroasters

#3: Post by millcityroasters »

givemeespressofirst wrote:Not wanting to be this guy

<image>.

Basically, the Bunnzilla is as good in the cup as anything out there, even an EK-43. Life expectancy is about 2 tons for the Bunn, maybe less for the Ditting burrs. So the Bunnzilla will probably outlast most everyone's needs.
Life expectancy (according to Ditting) is 15000 lbs. At my current 1 lb of coffee per week consumption, my new 804 burrs should be okay for another 287 years.

givemeespressofirst (original poster)

#4: Post by givemeespressofirst (original poster) replying to millcityroasters »

Well there you have it. The Ditting burrs will outlast us all. If the Bunn dies, yank the burrs and pick up another G1, and you're good to go. Thanks for the reply.