What grinder with Bezzera Strega / Italian style espresso blends

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
chron

#1: Post by chron »

Hi,

I used to own a Silvia paired with a Rocky a few years ago.
Then I upgraded to an Oscar (equipped with OPV and gicleurs) and moved to an Eureka Mignon.
I used them mostly in the morning for a double espresso and the weekends.

Despite being very careful, I got tired of the inconsistency of the shots especially the extraction time that went from 15s to 35s one day or another. In addition I found they were acidic with most of the beans I tried (I played with temp with no success).
So I changed to an Iperespresso machine :? for ease of use and consistency.

Well... a year after, I am really bored of the taste and I am already looking back for real espresso :lol:

I am looking for a setup able to deliver a syrupy Italian shot (only chocolate, nuts notes, no acidity) in the fist cup of the morning with high consistency.
I narrowed down the machine choice to a Bezzera Strega which seem to be an easy machine still delivering awesome shots.

The question remain for the grinder. I am looking at 800€ max.
I am considering:
- The Mazzer Mini E / I have limited space and find it big for home use
- The Eureka Mignon Specialita / I cannot find reviews that put it way under the Mazzer, plus it is silent and small
- The Niche Zero / looks very good value but I have no knowledge of conicals, seems to be more consistent (less adjustments required), but possibly more bright (acidic?)

What do you think I should look at, considering I do not want to loose the fist cup of the morning to adjust the grinder and I prefer more "comfort"/Italian espresso taste (chocolatey, nuts etc.)?

Thanks a lot!

Romain

redbone

#2: Post by redbone »

The Mazzer Mini E - Been a while since I've seen a new purchase of the Mini E here on H-B since it's an older model.
- The Eureka Mignon Specialita - Well received and decently priced in Europe. Can do both single and hopper based grinding.
- The Niche Zero - Well received for single dose grinding.

Considering your 800.00€ you can step up to a Eureka Atom 65.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549