What grinder fits me? Budget 2000$ CAD

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Vincere

#1: Post by Vincere »

Hello, So I have not 100% settled my choice on my espresso machine (a LMLM would be my top choice but I am considering also going in lower budget machine like a bezzerat duo DE, a rocket R58 or ascaso baby T plus)

but now I am doing research on grinder, I need help to narrow down my research

-I single dose all my coffee bean into small container of 20g
-I would like fluffy, no clump from the grinder
-Low retention
-not too much mess (I'm moving from an eureka specialita and it was spraying alot of coffee ground all around)
-I mostly use naked portafilter, so the portafilter holder isn't needed much
-I would like it to last a few years, solid and quality build.

I forgot to mention, I only drink medium to dark roast!

My prefered budget would be under 2000$ CAD for the grinder but if you have a good argument for a grinder under 3000$ CAD, I won't mind waiting.

MTN Gert

#2: Post by MTN Gert »

There are a lot of good options in that range

Kafetec Monolith

Eureka Atom pro

Ceado e37sd

Lagom p64

Eureka atom 75

Niche zero

Other possible choices

Ceado E37T
Ceado E37s if modded
Mazzer Major V
Mignon XL
Compak E8 or F8

What are your top priorities? Cost, flavor clarity, body, speed, retention, grind on demand capable, max height, noise level
"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann

Vincere (original poster)

#3: Post by Vincere (original poster) »

Priority are

Cost 6/10
flavor clarity 8/10
body 8/10
speed 7/10
retention 9/10
grind on demand capable ?
max height , height isnt a problem
noise level 8/10

LObin

#4: Post by LObin »

If you're going to single dose, I would stick with grinders that are purposely built to single dose.

If you stretch your budget a bit and if you can snag one, I'd go with a Monolith MC4. With the new multi-stage burr design, it'll handle anything you throw at it.

Check out the Wug-2. It's a new design from a company that has a great reputation. It's currently sold out though.

Have you checked the Lagom P64 burr options? The standard burrs and maybe even the high Uniformity could work with your roast level preferences.

Last but not least, the Niche Zero seems like a great match for you. Yes, it's half your budget but it's not reminiscent of the cup quality. You see tons of pictures of NZ owners next to machines that are worth 5, 6 times the price (LMLM, DE1, Londinium, etc.). It's a very good grinder. It has also proven to be super reliable.
LMWDP #592
★ Helpful