Weber EG-1 Customs Experience

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
CaptPat

#1: Post by CaptPat »

I'm considering the purchase of a Weber EG-1 and am interested in hearing what others in the US have experienced in terms of customs/duty charges.
Duct tape can't fix stupid but it can muffle the sound.

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by JB90068 »

I'd have to look it up but I seem to remember paying around $250 for customs and then an additional $300 or so for CA sales tax. There was also the shipping cost. IMHO - worth every penny.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

Advertisement
CaptPat (original poster)

#3: Post by CaptPat (original poster) »

Thanks l had forgot about sales tax, they're saying $331 for the plane ride.

chipman

#4: Post by chipman »

I didn't have to pay any customs charges. Just shipping and sales tax. As for the sales tax, i think it depends what state you live in, and what their regulations are as far as tax is concerned.

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#5: Post by JB90068 »

CaptPat wrote:Thanks l had forgot about sales tax, they're saying $331 for the plane ride.
That sounds about right. It was around $750 to $800 added on. As Chipman said though and others have experienced, they weren't charged customs. It seems to be hit or miss. Hopefully you will get lucky.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

Sivs

#6: Post by Sivs »

Shipping was about $255 for my EG-1 to New Mexico. I did have to pay an import duty mid-shipment, but it was only $45. DHL will pay it for you initially, and you will have to reimburse them within 5 days or they say they will return the package to the shipper.

CaptPat (original poster)

#7: Post by CaptPat (original poster) »

Not sure why there is the range in customs fees, but at least I have a feel for the upper bound.