Vintage espresso machine for coffee room?

Recommendations for espresso equipment buyers and upgraders.
Iowa_Boy

#1: Post by Iowa_Boy »

I am in the process of converting our too small dining room into a coffee room. It will be fairly simple once I get rid of all the old furniture (which is much harder than I thought it will be - nobody wants dining room furniture these days). In the center of the room will be a copper coffee table and 4 chairs. On one side will be a cabinet height buffet with my coffee gear. While I won't be plumbing in, I am hoping to have a pitcher rinser built into the buffet, along with a DE1PRO, one of my grinders, and maybe a LMLM as well. On the other side of the room is a an inset where the china cabinet was previously. The plan is to have glass shelving in the insert with a piece of slim table on the lower half. Sitting on that table I envision a vintage espresso machine. It will be the easiest thing to see when you walk in the room. It doesn't need to be in working order, just look good.

I was thinking of a Zacconi Riviera, as I think they are beautiful machines. Any other machines that you would consider? In theory I could put a couple of vintage machines on that table, but at some point it's overkill. Room isn't empty yet, but can include photos at some point if anyone is interested in following progress.

LObin

#2: Post by LObin »

I own a small collection of vintage machines. Aesthetically, my favorites are La Caravel, La Peppina and the mini-Gaggia.
I love the look and collectible aspect of the Europiccola gen 1 and early gen 2.
A Faemina is also a nice lever to add to a collection.

Have you considered a Cafelat Robot? They are gorgeous and definitely have a vintage vibe...

Cheers!
LMWDP #592

Iowa_Boy

#3: Post by Iowa_Boy »

Thank you for the recommendations!
I agree, I love the look of the Europiccola. Beautiful!
Where did you find your vintage machines? Just trying to figure out where to look other than the obvious like Ebay and CL.
The Cafelat Robot is a great suggestion as well, though I kind of have my heart set on a vintage machine.

LObin

#4: Post by LObin »

Mostly on ebay.it
There's also an Italian classifieds (can't remember the name right now) that has a ton of treasures.

Vintage machines pop up from time to time on the BST as well. There was a great Caravel V1.1 posted a few days ago.

Cheers!
LMWDP #592

NicaDon

#5: Post by NicaDon »

I saw this La Peppina today. I don't think I've seen one in this condition for sale and at a reasonable price.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 585151619/

DamianWarS

#6: Post by DamianWarS »

Iowa_Boy wrote:I am in the process of converting our too small dining room into a coffee room. It will be fairly simple once I get rid of all the old furniture (which is much harder than I thought it will be - nobody wants dining room furniture these days). In the center of the room will be a copper coffee table and 4 chairs. On one side will be a cabinet height buffet with my coffee gear. While I won't be plumbing in, I am hoping to have a pitcher rinser built into the buffet, along with a DE1PRO, one of my grinders, and maybe a LMLM as well. On the other side of the room is a an inset where the china cabinet was previously. The plan is to have glass shelving in the insert with a piece of slim table on the lower half. Sitting on that table I envision a vintage espresso machine. It will be the easiest thing to see when you walk in the room. It doesn't need to be in working order, just look good.

I was thinking of a Zacconi Riviera, as I think they are beautiful machines. Any other machines that you would consider? In theory I could put a couple of vintage machines on that table, but at some point it's overkill. Room isn't empty yet, but can include photos at some point if anyone is interested in following progress.
Some sort of Elektra for sure for the vintage look.