Used Quickmill Vetrano 2B vs. Rocket R58 - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
slipchuck

#11: Post by slipchuck »

jgood wrote:For what it's worth -- I have a different QM as it's been trouble free for 2 1/2 years. If I were doing it today I'd get either QM DB model.
Besides a couple of issues I created and are now fixed my quickmill anita is running great and is 13 years old

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

Luvlatte34 (original poster)

#12: Post by Luvlatte34 (original poster) »

I've been reading more on DB. Would you still consider the QM DB still a viable options if it was run only on 15AMP? I would need to call my electrician if I wanted to run 20AMP, and I feel like its a bit exaggerated (lol!)

Run at only 15amp, wouldn't a single boiler be a better choice Vs the DB where I feel like it would take an excessive amount of times to heat up the steam boiler for latte?

I kinda boiled it down to if I go DB, it will be QM. If I go single, then it will be the Rocket evo R since there is very little talk about the QM Aquila and it sells 150$ more than the rocket. its weird but the Aquila is very weirdly marketed by QM i found.

Jeff
Team HB

#13: Post by Jeff »

Yes, 15 A is plenty

Unless you're somehow fast enough to be pulling and steaming simultaneously and constantly, there's little impact of not being able to run the heaters on both boilers at the same instant in time. Power management is handled by the machine, generally well and transparently to the user.

The boilers heat up in minutes from cold. It is the brew head that takes 40-60 minutes to stabilize with an exposed, E61-style design.

Thermosiphon

#14: Post by Thermosiphon »

My first real espresso machine was a Lucca M58 from Clive Coffee, which is a rebrand of a QuickMill Vetrano 2B.

It made excellent espresso very easily and I never even had to so much as open the case for any reason.

Since then I've owned an Elektra T1, La Marzocco Linea Mini, Rocket Appartamento, La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi II, and a Dalla Corte Mina. It's worth noting that the Rocket and La Spaziale I only had in my possession very briefly before returning or selling.

The only machines I have owned that make better espresso are the La Marzocco and the DC Mina -- and even then, not by much. The only reason you should choose the Rocket over the QM is if you need this machine to look good in your kitchen. QuickMill machines have always been kind of an eye sore to me, hence why I went for the Lucca remake.

Rocket R58, especially the older models, can have really wet steam due to the Teflon tube in the no-steam arm. If you can try out the Rocket and its steam performance ahead of time that would be ideal. (Granted, the QM has the same design, but for whatever reason never got in the way of good steaming for me on my Lucca).
Cheers,
Bill