Upgrading my espresso machine, ~$3K budget - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Chrikelnel (original poster)

#11: Post by Chrikelnel (original poster) »

grind727 wrote:I somehow missed that you got a Niche. No need to upgrade then. Used Londiniums pop up from time to time in the forums. Other levers like the Bosco, Alex Leva, and Bezzera Strega are worth considering too if you're leaning towards a lever.

You've got tons of good options and everything listed above can do a great job for you. It's really more a matter of what you want to do with it and your preferences. E.g., do you like to fiddle around a bit or just push a button? Do you like darker roasts, lighter roasts, or all of the above? Are you someone that likes things to be precise or are you more of an artist? What do you like the looks of? Etc.
Thanks for the leads. I'll do more research and come back if I have any questions.

#12: Post by Chrikelnel (original poster) »

Looked into other lever options but the most interesting options to me remain the Profitec 800 and Londinium R if I can find one. I like the temperature stability design of the Londinium, but I worry about parts down the line. Does anybody know how proprietary the parts are if the company suddenly closes tomorrow?

#13: Post by Chrikelnel (original poster) replying to Chrikelnel »

To answer my own questions it seems like all the parts that could fail are available through other channels. Really leaning towards tracking down a Londinium. The pre-infusion capabilities over the Profitec are swaying me.

Kryptonicspb

#14: Post by Kryptonicspb »

Consider the Bezzera Duo DE or Matrix DE