Upgrading: La Marzocco Linea Mini vs. Victoria Arduino Prima - Page 6

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
bigkraig

#51: Post by bigkraig »

Welp. I ordered one of these in white to replace a rocket mozzafiato evo. Can't wait.

Transporter
Supporter ♡

#52: Post by Transporter »

Where did you orders yours from and what configuration?

Aida Battle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Battle
Transporter
Supporter ♡

#53: Post by Transporter »

bigkraig wrote:Welp. I ordered one of these in white to replace a rocket mozzafiato evo. Can't wait.
Where did you orders yours from and what configuration?

drH
Supporter ♡

#54: Post by drH »

Nice! You ordered the VA? Excited to hear your experience.

bigkraig

#55: Post by bigkraig »

Transporter wrote:Where did you orders yours from and what configuration?
Voltage restaurant supply. My local shop pasquini hasn't returned calls or emails in a week, and voltage did a 5% discount and no tax. Matt has also been extremely responsive. Wins all around!

White with the regular steamer.

Transporter
Supporter ♡

#56: Post by Transporter » replying to bigkraig »

I have to agree that Voltage has been really responsive in my experience too. Is your machine coming from Voltage directly or from the manufacture?

bigkraig

#57: Post by bigkraig » replying to Transporter »

From the manufacturer. Maybe receiving by the end of the month.

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
Transporter
Supporter ♡

#58: Post by Transporter » replying to bigkraig »

Congratulations on the purchase. Did you consider any other machines against the Prima?

bigkraig

#59: Post by bigkraig »

LMLM and a GS3. The prima looks great to me and I'm also trying to be a bit more eco friendly. I favored a semiautomatic so that I wouldn't have to watch the timer as I get everything started in the morning, so it was a lot between the gs3 and the prima.

I wasn't really in the market but my rocket was in the shop for about 3 weeks which was long enough to get the itch.

The one major drawback to me on the prima is the app requirement. Phones change fast and I'd like this thing to last. Worst case scenario I figure I can reverse engineer the Bluetooth protocol.

Transporter
Supporter ♡

#60: Post by Transporter » replying to bigkraig »

I don't think you will see a drastic energy efficiency like going from a 150-watt bulb to an 8-watt bulb in the entire home. There is still a heating element that draws significant power regardless of heating on-demand or maintaining smaller boilers. There are more energy savings in having proper thermal insulation because once you waste the energy initially heating the water, the next draw is to keep temperature stability. Once the water is up to temperature, power is required to sustain temperatures, and the ability to reduce heat dissipation through proper insulation is more vital. It's like having a higher R rating for your boiler insulation that translates to requiring less of the heating element to engage to maintain the temperature.

The application serves to enhance the machine rather than the primary control function. Once your parameter is set based on your profile, then you should not have to make changes from a cup to a cup unless you need to adjust brew temp to roast. I would not compare an espresso machine to a cell phone, and the fundamentals of espresso machines have not changed for decades. Sure there are various approaches to what provides the best machine to make espresso. Still, the added technology focuses on enhancing user experience to make it simpler, setting brew temperature, or having a community calibrate recipes are features that improve the machine for the long term.

Either way, I think you will be happy with the machine. They made some improvements to make it a great home machine or even light commercial. I am so glad about their direction to use stainless steel portafilters and a switch towards stainless steel boilers.

Prima review in Vietnamese, but he does a great job going through the machine and even opening all the panels to look inside.

Victoria Arduino Eagle One Prima Intro - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztdddoZhgG0

Victoria Arduino Eagle One Prima Intro - Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjSLZtcfeM