Upgrade time, budget < $2500. What espresso machine would you recommend? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
GreavesManchu

#11: Post by GreavesManchu »

I used a Silvia for 19 years. At the end, I was tired of the temperature surfing and constant flushing to get the brew temperature where it needed to be. I didn't want to deal with that so I ruled out an HX machine. I bought a dual boiler Profitec Pro 600. I pull 5 doubles and steam 2 x 6oz of milk every morning. No surfing, no flushing, no waiting. Love the machine.

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by PIXIllate »

Espresso is hard enough without having to guess at temperature. I wouldn't dream of buying anything but a PID double boiler if only for their ability to completely take temperature out of the equation as a variable. After doing the offset calibration on my Profitec 600 I am confident that the temperature is what the display says. I would but the 600 again. Seems perfect if you can't plumb it in.

Stavey (original poster)

#13: Post by Stavey (original poster) »

Thanks for the input
At this point I'm leaning towards the pro 600

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by mgwolf »

Don't overlook the excellent Vivaldi dual-boilers for $2200. It's been around for awhile, is very reliable, and makes excellent coffee + is a great steamer. Uses a 53mm PF which is not a big deal in terms of accessories these days. Available plumbed or reservoir.

Stavey (original poster)

#15: Post by Stavey (original poster) »

I will look into those
Thanks for the input. I found several machines that had a lot to offer but were 53mm .

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by PIXIllate »

Stavey wrote:Thanks for the input
At this point I'm leaning towards the pro 600
See here for some thought as a new owner:

Profitec Pro 600 Owner Experience

BaristaBoy E61

#17: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Based on our superb experience, if we had to do it again we would purchase the Izzo Alex Duetto IV from Chris' Coffee that is improved and further refined from our excellent & reliable Alex Duetto III model of almost 6-years of daily use.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/iz ... -duetto-iv
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

megamixman

#18: Post by megamixman »

Consider a Breville dual boiler and upgrade your grinder. The Sette is nice, but it will hold you back on a higher-end espresso machine.

Stavey (original poster)

#19: Post by Stavey (original poster) »

The Duetto is really nice I'll have to see what I can get the best deal on .
The Sette is so loud I intend to upgrade soon anyway.
Keep the ideas coming

Stavey (original poster)

#20: Post by Stavey (original poster) »

No thanks on the Breville
Reliability seems lacking