Upgrade thoughts on La Marzocco Linea Mini or Rocket R58 - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
txxt

#11: Post by txxt »

OK31 wrote:The BDB and it's lack of support from them is infuriating. In any case a lever may be a bit over my desire limit. I read about the benefits but aside from space I just don't know how I feel about them. The LM really does appeal to me because of its reputation and the looks grow on me. I prefer a commercial style let alone knowing it's a workhorse (even if for me overkill). I spoke with a rep from Marzocco yesterday and I think just the conversation convinced me it's the machine for me. Will let you guys know if I actually pull the trigger.

From a support perspective I have never regretted my LM purchase. You made the right decision.

Congratulations and enjoy your steam monster!

OK31 (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by OK31 (original poster) »

Thanks all. When my wife said how many others do this I said Plenty :) something to be said about safety in numbers.

Advertisement
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#13: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

OK31 wrote:OK so I bit the bullet and....... drumroll........ am now expecting a shiny (matte) Black LMLM. Stay tuned.
Great you beat the price increase and now you can worry about the water while enjoying a whiskey.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

CSME9

#14: Post by CSME9 »

Did I read correctly, there is a LMLM price hike coming soon ?

OK31 (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by OK31 (original poster) replying to CSME9 »

$500 tomorrow yes. Confirmed by their rep.

OK31 (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by OK31 (original poster) »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Great you beat the price increase and now you can worry about the water while enjoying a whiskey.
Yeah that pesky water. I have a 3 stage non-RO filtration which I HOPE will do well for the unit. It's a pre filter carbon and something else. Hopefully that's ok. I'm in NYC where water is pretty good to begin with (again I think so but may be mistaken when it comes to LM)

Stanford55
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by Stanford55 »

pics and mini review or it didn't happen!

Advertisement
OK31 (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by OK31 (original poster) replying to Stanford55 »

order just placed waiting the obligatory bench test time so probably nothing will materialize until march at their current 8-10 week time line.