Upgrade my office espresso machine

Recommendations for espresso equipment buyers and upgraders.
DragosC

#1: Post by DragosC » Nov 10, 2019, 8:37 pm

Hello,

I have a DeLonghi Dedica coffee machine, and I would like to upgrade to a better coffee machine (I already bought a Eureka grinder).

I drink only espresso, about 3 or 4 shots a day, no milky drinks so no frothing required.

First I thought of going for a Rancilio Silvia, but then the more I read, I decided having a PID would be a nice feature.

So I came across Lelit Grace PL81T which has more features but seems also more obscure, you don't find much info/reviews on it.

My budget is $700 but I discovered the E61 group espresso machines which are pretty far out of my price range.

Would sth like QuickMill Alexia EVO or Bezzera Unica really be worth the money, compared to Rancilio Silvia or Lelit Grace which are almost half the price? Do you feel the difference in the espresso?

Looking forward to your opinions!

sweaner
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by sweaner » Nov 10, 2019, 8:58 pm

Do you have access to the Breville Dual Boiler in Germany?

That would be my suggestion.
Scott
LMWDP #248

DragosC

#3: Post by DragosC » Nov 10, 2019, 9:15 pm

Dual boilers are mostly used for drinks that involve steaming, right?

I drink only espresso. I am not sure how suitable that would be for me.

LObin

#4: Post by LObin » Nov 10, 2019, 9:24 pm

I believe the (Sage) Breville double boiler suggestion was made based on the possibility to easily convert it to a flow profiling machine.

Have you considered a Cafelat Robot? Quite a popular choice these days for easy/quality espresso.

MNate

#5: Post by MNate » Nov 10, 2019, 11:54 pm

LObin wrote:
Have you considered a Cafelat Robot? Quite a popular choice these days for easy/quality espresso.
+1

thirdcrackfourthwave

#6: Post by thirdcrackfourthwave » Yesterday, 2:50 am

Take a look at the Robot. You can pull excellent shots.

DragosC

#7: Post by DragosC » Yesterday, 5:58 am

I think I would prefer more a single boiler machine.

Any advice between these ones (price difference is pretty big):
  • Rancilio Silvia...most popular option...$700
  • Lelit Grace PL81T (same price as Rancilio but with PID...no track history..are they good products?)
  • QuickMill Alexia EVO ($1300 with PID and E61 group)
  • Bezzera Unica ($1200 with PID and E61 group)