Unic Stella di Caffe vs. Synesso Cyncra

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
nate

#1: Post by nate »

Im about to purchase one of these in the next 2 days HELP! does anyone have any thoughts on these two machines?

The Unic has more automation and a great deal of control that will allow you to dial in a really good shot and reproduce that with the press of a button OR Synesso Cyncra which is less automated

parts and labor seem to favor the Unic.

any thoughts would be very helpful!!

royalewithcheese

#2: Post by royalewithcheese »

The Unic uses a non-standard basket size (57mm I think) so your basket choices are severely limited, the cafe across the street from me had one for a bit, and went back to their manual Linea because they couldn't get good shots from it at all. The pretty lights on it were cool though.

Advertisement
nate (original poster)

#3: Post by nate (original poster) »

Im ok with the basket sizes i think.... im going bottomless. I do not like the look of the Unic BUT im 100% concerned with quality of shots vs. looks. That said, is the synesso cyncra have the same functionality and pull a better shot.

Ive heard really good things about the Unic and it packs a punch in terms of functionality
Does the Synesso match functionality and is it that much better. They are literally almost the same price.

royalewithcheese

#4: Post by royalewithcheese »

In my very limited experience the Synesso makes better shots (not side by side, and different coffee so anecdotal) I think all you're giving up for the Synesso is the ability to walk away from a shot, which is nice, but I wouldn't give up my VST baskets for it.

nate (original poster)

#5: Post by nate (original poster) »

Thank you for the comments!

I ended up with the UNIC Stella di Caffe and will see how it goes ... its a good machine for me for the next couple of years. I found VST baskets for it.